My Metrocard Collection

MattTrain

Yup it actually is... it is also akin to the PATH Single Journey Ticket, they were all made by the same company

That's neat, I wonder how those paper cards can hold up that small amount of memory in the strip. Of course since it's made of paper it is fragile.

That's neat, I wonder how those paper cards can hold up that small amount of memory in the strip. Of course since it's made of paper it is fragile.

These cards are really awesome.

Hmmm... I wonder... should the MTA create a Return Trip Ticket that could be valid for an entire day? I know not many people use the SRT, but even if they do, isn't it less of a hassle to have 1 ticket for 2 trips as opposed to running to the MVM twice in a day?

These cards are really awesome.

Hmmm... I wonder... should the MTA create a Return Trip Ticket that could be valid for an entire day? I know not many people use the SRT, but even if they do, isn't it less of a hassle to have 1 ticket for 2 trips as opposed to running to the MVM twice in a day?

It can reduce the hassle to have one ticket for two trips, but then again, considering how fragile the paper transfers are (bent or wet, it won't work properly), it wouldn't be that great of an idea, which can explain why single ride tickets don't allow bus<-> subway transfers.

It can reduce the hassle to have one ticket for two trips, but then again, considering how fragile the paper transfers are (bent or wet, it won't work properly), it wouldn't be that great of an idea, which can explain why single ride tickets don't allow bus<-> subway transfers.

Yeah, it sucks eh?

In Hong Kong, the Single Journey Tickets are much sturdier and are made of plastic. They could sustain, however I am not advocating the use of those kinds of tickets for the SRT.

I do hope for a subway<-> bus transfer privilege though, since there are people with the SRT that do desire a connection to a bus (from subway) or to the train (from the bus).

Yeah, it sucks eh?

In Hong Kong, the Single Journey Tickets are much sturdier and are made of plastic. They could sustain, however I am not advocating the use of those kinds of tickets for the SRT.

I do hope for a subway<-> bus transfer privilege though, since there are people with the SRT that do desire a connection to a bus (from subway) or to the train (from the bus).

A subway-bus transfer with the Single Ride Ticket would be great, that's like two rides for the price of one, good within two hours. l also like that idea for the reason so passengers who transfer from one bus to another wouldn't need to ask for another paper transfer for another bus. (however rendering the bus paper transfers useless)

A subway-bus transfer with the Single Ride Ticket would be great, that's like two rides for the price of one, good within two hours. l also like that idea for the reason so passengers who transfer from one bus to another wouldn't need to ask for another paper transfer for another bus. (however rendering the bus paper transfers useless)

Not exactly, bus riders paying with cash may still ask for a transfer.

Archived