Subway Rider Report Card Results Are In For The R Line

mark1447

(R) Queens Blvd | Broadway | 4 Avenue Local

MTA New York City Transit received 4,267 Rider Report Cards from customers on the second annual survey to gauge customer satisfaction with R subway service. The overall performance grade of "C minus" is unchanged from 2007. However, the satisfaction index has risen to 90% from 87% recorded in 2007. Customers sent in 4,141 cards by mail and 126 by internet for the local line that runs from Bay Ridge-95th Street in Brooklyn to Forest Hills-71st Avenue in Queens. The number of returned cards in 2008 was 24% lower than the number returned in 2007.

"While the overall grade on the R remains the same, we see that there is some improvement in the satisfaction index which tells us that we have achieved some traction," said NYC Transit President Howard H. Roberts, Jr. "We will continue to work to build some momentum and increase our grade."

Of the 21 grades, 16 were unchanged from 2007. The remaining five areas improved by one level: "Signs in stations that help riders find their way," "Station announcements that are informative," "Train announcements that are easy to hear," "Lack of graffiti in subway cars" and "Comfortable temperature in subway cars." The highest grade of "B minus" was for "Availability of MetroCard Vending Machines."

The greatest increase (five percentage points) in the customers' satisfaction index occurred in "Station announcements that are informative," "Station announcements that are easy to hear," "Reasonable wait times for trains" and "Lack of scratchitti in subway cars."

The top three priorities for R riders are unchanged from 2007: "Reasonable wait times for trains," "Minimal delays during trips" and "Adequate room on board at rush hour." The full set of Rider Report Card results can be found on the web at http://www.mta.info/nyct/index.html.

Source: (MTA) Press Release

I like the (R). Have no complaints about it and I take it every day. It's usually pretty much on time most of the time. You can usually also get a seat even during rush hour. It usually has a 5-10 minute span between trains during rush hour, so it's rather reasonable.

I generally don't have problems with the (R), their subway cars are great to ride on! It's usually easy to get a seat on the (R), but my only concern about the (R) is how dirty the cars are sometimes, and sense of security is also an issue for me too. Anyways If I was grading the (R), I'd give it a B grade.

Archived