Pavonia-Newport HBLR station closed

metsfan

Station Advisory

Pavonia-Newport Station Closed due to High Wind Emergency

Pavonia-Newport Station on Hudson-Bergen Light Rail is closed and will remain closed for the remainder of today, Thursday, February 12, due to damage to an adjacent office tower caused by high winds.

Light rail trains are operating through the station without stopping. Customers are not permitted on the platforms.

Customers who normally connect from PATH trains at Newport are advised to use Hoboken Terminal or Exchange Place stations instead.

For further assistance, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at 973-275-5555.

- (A)

These !@##^$^$ winds have been causing problems for everyone it seems.

Yea, i posted a NOAA alert about this for the east coast last night. When i met my woman earlier today at R7 :septa: levittown, the wind was incredible. She said she could feel it moving the (NJT) train down from newark especially at stops, and when the doors were opened the wind would blow through the train completely overwhelming the HVAC for a few moments. I can't imagine what exchange place would have been like. That area is windy most days enough to slam a door shut.

- A

Archived