CUNY Transfer Application Status

FlushingExpress

ok, here is the thing. i just called the CUNY automated application status line to check the status of my transfer application for fall 2009. when i did, it said "your application for the fall 2009 semester is incomplete. the following items are needed:" but then it goes silent for a few seconds before saying, "if you have recently mailed these documents to UAPC, please allow 4-6 weeks of processing." bascially, the automated system is saying my application is incomplete, but does not say what i still need. anyone know what does that mean?

ok, here is the thing. i just called the CUNY automated application status line to check the status of my transfer application for fall 2009. when i did, it said "your application for the fall 2009 semester is incomplete. the following items are needed:" but then it goes silent for a few seconds before saying, "if you have recently mailed these documents to UAPC, please allow 4-6 weeks of processing." bascially, the automated system is saying my application is incomplete, but does not say what i still need. anyone know what does that mean?

well if u recently mailed it in u would have to wait the 4 to 6 weeks. also with cuny your gonna be waiting til about march or april til u get an acceptence letter. I should know since i got to a CUNY school atm. Another good suggestion would be just going to the office itself and find out. If I may ask which CUNY school did u apply to? Im attending BMCC right now.

well if u recently mailed it in u would have to wait the 4 to 6 weeks. also with cuny your gonna be waiting til about march or april til u get an acceptence letter. I should know since i got to a CUNY school atm. Another good suggestion would be just going to the office itself and find out. If I may ask which CUNY school did u apply to? Im attending BMCC right now.

i currently go to city tech, i applied to john jay, baruch, hunter, and brooklyn in that order of preference. believe me, i really want to get out of city tech.

Did you mail out the documents they're asking for to UAPC recently? CUNY isn't known for making anything easy so you'll probably end up having to go in person a couple of times. I remember when I first started college, I made 7 trips to the school in a 2 month span. When I transferred, I think I made maybe 5 trips. Also do you have access to CUNY's website? They used to tell application status on there.

i currently go to city tech, i applied to john jay, baruch, hunter, and brooklyn in that order of preference. believe me, i really want to get out of city tech.

*cringes* You mean crappy Tech...and I had a bunch of people I knew in Brooklyn College...most of them transferred out. I don't know anyone who actually likes the school although it also depends on what you're going for. Teaching programs seem to be decent there supposedly.

*cringes* You mean crappy Tech...and I had a bunch of people I knew in Brooklyn College...most of them transferred out. I don't know anyone who actually likes the school although it also depends on what you're going for. Teaching programs seem to be decent there supposedly.

i just called the CUNY automated system. they are still processing my transcripts from city tech, so i have to wait another 2-3 weeks before i get an update. and yeah, i really hate city tech now. idk what i am going for, currently in the computer system major. the students there are horrible and that is why i want to get out as quickly as i can!

I had the (dis)honor of attending two CUNY schools-BMCC and City College. CUNY is a big bureaucracy. They always lose papers. There's always a long line for financial aid. Out of the two schools I attended, I had a better experience at BMCC (though that was far from perfect). They have a nice gym and most of the student population is friendly. There is adequate tutoring and counseling if you have problems. Some professors at BMCC want you to succeed. Others enjoy tormenting you. City College is a more high strung environment. No one will hold your hand there. The engineering program is designed to be as hard and frustrating as possible. Although I got a degree from CCNY I regret attending that institution.

I had the (dis)honor of attending two CUNY schools-BMCC and City College. CUNY is a big bureaucracy. They always lose papers. There's always a long line for financial aid. Out of the two schools I attended, I had a better experience at BMCC (though that was far from perfect). They have a nice gym and most of the student population is friendly. There is adequate tutoring and counseling if you have problems. Some professors at BMCC want you to succeed. Others enjoy tormenting you. City College is a more high strung environment. No one will hold your hand there. The engineering program is designed to be as hard and frustrating as possible. Although I got a degree from CCNY I regret attending that institution.

OMG you hit the nail right on the head about BMCC lol its exactly how you described it. What did you major in?

Archived