Colonial Coach - Morristown, NJ

Ken S.

The current buses

ColonialCoach.jpg

The older buses (pic provided by the Town of Morristown)

colonialcoavh.jpg

The Colonial Coach operates two loop routes on alternating days in Morristown. Service is free and is supposed to be for residents only, but I don't think the driver would check. I used it once when it had the Blue-Bird and the driver never asked. It was either that or wait in bad weather for the MCM1.

Colonial Coach Information

Schedules (PDF Format)

Route 76 operates Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays

Route 77 operates Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays

Wow, I can't imagine that as a "cheese bus", by the way, where are the stop signs?

I stole them! :eek:

Is that a spoiler on the back?

School busses are meant to pick people up along a route and drop them off at a single destination, then do the reverse. This in mind, school bus designs are quite limited, not only by their function, but by the fact that they need to fit places and be easy to maneuver. That is why most have a short max wheelbase. The only transit bus i can think of with a similar layout would be a front engine flexible sans rear door. MCI are too tall.

- A

I stole them! :eek:

Is that a spoiler on the back?

School busses are meant to pick people up along a route and drop them off at a single destination, then do the reverse. This in mind, school bus designs are quite limited, not only by their function, but by the fact that they need to fit places and be easy to maneuver. That is why most have a short max wheelbase. The only transit bus i can think of with a similar layout would be a front engine flexible sans rear door. MCI are too tall.

- A

You know, the first reason why I like this cheese bus is that it's not yellow. I hate cheese buses for that colour. That monotonous yellow.

Archived