Mets Improvements

MattTrain

I think the New York Mets need to get things going. If anyone's been watching their games lately, they're losing games in which they had leads. Well it's only one month in the season, does anyone know how the Mets can improve this season?

I went to the game two Sundays ago against the Brewers when they lost 4-2. The Mets seem to do well in the beginning then lose it the rest of the game. They come back at the end but its too late to win

I know, I even read the Mets have the best bullpen in the Major Leagues too. That game you went against the Brewers, was a shocker. I agree with your points the team does well at the beginning but blow up at the end, the last two home games against the Florida Marlins. I hope the Mets can change their fortune against the Philadelphia Phillies.

New season new lineup new stadium. We all knew they were going to need some shakedown time.

Plus, their home stadium is how far away from this flu mess??

I'm sure they have a lot on their minds to do with that, plus just general team integration stuff.

They all just gotta relax focus and have some fun out there.

- A

3 more years of Omar Teodoro Antonio Minaya,the Wilpons gave him a 4 yr extension after the 2nd straight sept collapse last year. Sure they improved the bullpen but the offense has problems. Only when Santana is pitching do you feel good about their chances of winning. The other starters are hot and cold,don't know what to expect from one game to another.

Omar insisted that the mets offense is fine,they were 2nd last year in runs scored...good thing there is no dominant team in the NL East this season. Still it is going to be a struggle for the mets all season.

3 more years of Omar Teodoro Antonio Minaya,the Wilpons gave him a 4 yr extension after the 2nd straight sept collapse last year. Sure they improved the bullpen but the offense has problems. Only when Santana is pitching do you feel good about their chances of winning. The other starters are hot and cold,don't know what to expect from one game to another.

Omar insisted that the mets offense is fine,they were 2nd last year in runs scored...good thing there is no dominant team in the NL East this season. Still it is going to be a struggle for the mets all season.

Omar Minaya is doing a fine job with the roster, it's that the pitching has to come through. The bullpen has becoming better despite the last two losses against the Marlins at home. The other starters can sure use some work, but I think they'll be fine.

New season new lineup new stadium. We all knew they were going to need some shakedown time.

Plus, their home stadium is how far away from this flu mess??

I'm sure they have a lot on their minds to do with that, plus just general team integration stuff.

They all just gotta relax focus and have some fun out there.

- A

Citi Field is a new ballpark, you're right, it does take some time to get accustomed to. Citi Field is about a mile away from where the city's first case of the flu came, I know, that's distracting the Mets a little bit. You're right, the Mets have to keep a positive attitude. They're not very tense, and the team players generally get along with one another, so what's to worry. I think the Mets will be much better this season. :cool:

Archived