Ways to curb 6 train congestion?

PBJ6

I live in Co-op city and the 6 train is the fastest way for me to get too pelham bay for my  29 bus. Lately the 6 train has been a little more sluggish and delayed than usual. Local trains have been going express at 138th and vice versa during the pm rush. The wait times for trains to get into PB have gotten longer. I was wondering if there is any reasonable way to help reduce the delays. Maybe short turn some local trains at 138th or hunts point and send them back to manhattan if at all possible? The only two stops people really care for after Hunts Point are Elder and Morrison-Soundview and they have the 27 and 4 for the connection. Could it work if the slightly cut down the number of express trains or is the congestion here to stay?

The question to start with is why? What made it slow what changed? Did they add more service what made it sluggish compared to before?  I take this route to visit Family 

They pumped up the express for sure. There a quite a few more express runs and the locals are getting more and more infrequent. I once counted four <6> and one 6 local. I think that's only adding to the bunching at Pelham bay. I've been on a train that has been held at Buhre Ave station for 15 minute with two trains ahead of us.

Sometime around 2:30pm-2:50pm, 3 locals arrive at 125 St, whereas the express shows up 15 minutes LATE. =/

In that case express service is starting too early. I know the <6> has the longest running express times in the Bronx, I've been on an express at 11 in the morning and almost 8:30 at night. Maybe adjusting it with fixed times could help.

Archived