Y and U trains...

blkfire765

i put this yesterday on another thread... don't know if it will work though:

(Y)-Broadway EXP: coney island-stillwell av to 71st forest hills

*runs on sea beach line LCL then on the into Manhtn going onto the 63rd st connector after 57th st/7th av and finally onto Queens blvd running LCL to 71st

(U)-Broadway LCL: coney island-stillwell av to astoria-ditmars

*runs on the brighton line LCL then on to Queens

(N)-Broadway EXP: whitehall st to astoria-ditmars

(R)-Broadway LCL: stay as is

***this service would be meant for weekend service and maybe into a future weekday service and service will be suspended weekends, late nights and holidays***

what do u think? ...PLEASE OFFER YOUR OPINIONS!

i put this yesterday on another thread... don't know if it will work though:

(Y)-Broadway EXP: coney island-stillwell av to 71st forest hills

*runs on sea beach line LCL then on the into Manhtn going onto the 63rd st connector after 57th st/7th av and finally onto Queens blvd running LCL to 71st

(U)-Broadway LCL: coney island-stillwell av to astoria-ditmars

*runs on the brighton line LCL then on to Queens

(N)-Broadway EXP: whitehall st to astoria-ditmars

(R)-Broadway LCL: stay as is

***this service would be meant for weekend service and maybe into a future weekday service and service will be suspended weekends, late nights and holidays***

what do u think? ...PLEASE OFFER YOUR OPINIONS!

Now I see how people can get frustrated reading these. Ok let's analyze and i'll be as nice as possible

(Y) - how many T/Os would actually want to do that run? What about the (F) which basically already does this sort of run but is extended to Jamaica as well? What kind of delays can the experienced T/Os see by relaying trains to and from the EXP track from 71st Ave.

(U) - let's see we basically have the (N) that goes to Astoria and terminates at Stillwell already not to mention the (Q) that already provides pretty good local service along with the (;) as its express. Might as well just extend the (Q) into Astoria if the MTA would even consider this.

(N) - ok want to see the chaos this will cause at Rector St as the (W) already provides this service as a local? What are we going to do with that?

the only thing good about this is the (R) staying as it is.

I don't see the point in this plan, I mean it would be easier for riders, and it might relieve stress off of the (N) and (R) during Rush Hours, and right now, by transferring it's only a 1-7 minute wait to transfer, and if it runs, it will clog up the lines, like 4th Avenue, and Broadway, so I don't see the point.

all great points on NOT doing it or even considering it... but how about offering suggestions on how to fix it up or where the (Y) and (U) trains should run. i mean it's just a sugestion... I'm sorry for buging you guys with all of these ideas but i put them up to see what ppl think and to gain more knowledge on the matter... i'm still learning and once again SORRY ;)

all great points on NOT doing it or even considering it... but how about offering suggestions on how to fix it up or where the (Y) and (U) trains should run. i mean it's just a sugestion... I'm sorry for bugging you guys with all of these ideas but i put them up to see what ppl think and to gain more knowledge on the matter... i'm still learning and once again SORRY ;)

But the suggestion is that the routes you have suggested are not needed and would be detrimental to services already in place. There are letters already on the signs which are not used and if any new service was needed it would be better to use them first. Also, the MTA has a whole department who's job it is to figure out service plans and they have implemented services that the majority of people want.

But the suggestion is that the routes you have suggested are not needed and would be detrimental to services already in place. There are letters already on the signs which are not used and if any new service was needed it would be better to use them first. Also, the MTA has a whole department who's job it is to figure out service plans and they have implemented services that the majority of people want.

Operations. Planning.

Archived