Extending the Bx19 to Bedford

mark1447

(Bronx related only)

Has MaBSTOA ever planned on extended the Bronx 19 north of its current terminal which is NY Botanical Garden to some where on Bedford Pk Blvd/Allerton Ave.

Heres a sample i made:

2dtaa2a.jpg

(A) to White Plains Road and Allerton Avenue

(:o to Lehman College

(C) to Webster Avenue and Bedford Park Blvd

(All in black color)

Would this work? Besides it making it a bit longer. But doesn't seem that bad or long tho, I walked to/from Bedford and the Bx19 end and was like a 8-10 min walk, not bad. It can allow customers from Manhattan to connect with Bx25/26 for service aroun Co-Op City and so.

I don't know if it was ever a plan, but I don't think the Bx19 would be a fitting route. It's infamous for its slowness as is, so adding more to the route may make that problem worse. I think, though, that to make it easier, the Bx22 should be extended to Bedford Park at all times. This way, Bx19 riders can make the transfer.

I don't know if it was ever a plan, but I don't think the Bx19 would be a fitting route. It's infamous for its slowness as is, so adding more to the route may make that problem worse. I think, though, that to make it easier, the Bx22 should be extended to Bedford Park at all times. This way, Bx19 riders can make the transfer.

Yeah but if any1 wanted a loop via Co-Op they cant cuz the Bx12LCL/SBS doesnt loop but runs on the SHooping Center area, which would require another transfer, to QBX1, Bx28, 30, 26 etc. Extra fare off the Bx19> bx12(as transfer) and Co-Op City Buses(Fare again)

For that have the Bx19 end up at Webster/Bedford and allow connections to the Bx25/26. As well as a transfer to the Bx41/55LTD, Ans MNCRs Harlem Line seeing that the Bx19 doesnt stop at any railroad station.

But you do got a point, cuz of the slowness of this route -_-b

Archived