Campus Coach now Academy

DOB2RTO

My old employer sold his company to his old competitor for Pro-Sports teams. Campus Coach and Academy use to be the main two carrying the Pro-Baseball, Football, and Basketball teams here in NYC. Now, only one remains............

CampusCoachAcademyOperator.jpg

Their J4500 Model, as Campus use to have E4500........

Yes indeed - they weren't the only acquisition of the Tedesco's as of late: Premier Coach of NYC, a charter outfit specializing in school contracts was purchased by Academy about two months ago. The charter business isn't too hot with the economy these days, and it made perfect business sense for Academy in terms of serving market-specific operations with the segmentation of the brands.

They were already powerful in the NYC Metro market - now they have most every major large-scale contract locked up....funny thing is that they probably are not done yet.

Yes indeed - they weren't the only acquisition of the Tedesco's as of late: Premier Coach of NYC, a charter outfit specializing in school contracts was purchased by Academy about two months ago. The charter business isn't too hot with the economy these days, and it made perfect business sense for Academy in terms of serving market-specific operations with the segmentation of the brands.

They were already powerful in the NYC Metro market - now they have most every major large-scale contract locked up....funny thing is that they probably are not done yet.

Premier was a competitor with my old boss, for school contracts. Reason is, the founder of Premier, use to work for my old boss. They said he got mad, when my ex-boss told him he couldn't become a partner with him. So he left and made his own company, then rumor is someone wanted to partner with him, he said no, and they started up Trans-Classic. All of those companies are now gone. Premier had some pro sport teams to (Basketball). Funny thing is they still put Campus's name on the buses, instead of Academy..........

Archived