What cars have the (S) shuttles used?

R10 2952

I'm just curious. What cars did the 42nd Street (S) use right before R-62/As? What cars did it use through the 1980s?

And what about the Franklin Ave. (S) and Rockaway (S)? What cars did they use thru the 1980s, and what cars did they use before the current ones came into use on their routes?

(NYCT)

I'm just curious. What cars did the 42nd Street (S) use right before R-62/As? What cars did it use through the 1980s?

And what about the Franklin Ave. (S) and Rockaway (S)? What cars did they use thru the 1980s, and what cars did they use before the current ones came into use on their routes?

(NYCT)

Franklin Av Shuttle

Before the R68s came into play on this line, they used to run 4-car R-32s up until I believe mid-1997. Before that, I really don't recall.

Rockaway Shuttle

R44s have been on this line ever since the (S) was created (To my knowledge). However, when it was the (H), I recall seeing Redbird R-30s

42 St Shuttle

Im going to guess, and say Redbirds or some other SMEE Equipment, before the R62As came aboard.

Zach

In the 1970's until they retired (1976), the R11/R34s served the 70(SS) Franklin Avenue Shuttle. These were signed as 7 Franklin to the end.

R1-R9 served the 70(SS) Culver Shuttle until it closed on May 11, 1975. At the end, the Culver Shuttle was a aingle track.

I might be wrong, but I think R1-R9s also served the (HH) (red bullet) in the 1970's.

Archived