NJ #31 bus, where are you?

TaHen973

I'm aware of the #31's reputation. I was a student at Seton Hall and used to take the 31 to Livingston.

The problem is that I work at SHU and need to get to S. Orange and the train is NOT at all easy. To get to S. Orange I would need to take the train to Secaucas then transfer.

I'm open to suggestions though.

Thanks for the replies. :D

I'm taking the Raritan Valley line from High Bridge to Newark Penn.

I live in Bethlehem PA and there's no easy way to get to metro NJ. The buses all run to NYC so I'm catching the train in Clinton.

If I went all the way to NYC then took the train back to S. Orange, I would be looking at a 3 hour commute, easy.

If I take the train from Clinton, it's only 90 min to NWK then a short bus ride to S.O.

I'm taking the Raritan Valley line from High Bridge to Newark Penn.

I live in Bethlehem PA and there's no easy way to get to metro NJ. The buses all run to NYC so I'm catching the train in Clinton.

If I went all the way to NYC then took the train back to S. Orange, I would be looking at a 3 hour commute, easy.

If I take the train from Clinton, it's only 90 min to NWK then a short bus ride to S.O.

Hmmm.....ya, Raritan Valley train to NWK Penn then the 31 might be the easiest, but the alternative might be faster.

But, doing a little search on http://www.coachusa.com, just as I thought, the schedule for the 31 is there.

http://www.coachusa.com/onebus/ss.details.asp?action=Lookup&c1=Newark&s1=NJ&c2=South+Orange&s2=NJ&resultId=192850&order=&dayFilter=&scheduleChoice=&sitePageName=%2Fonebus%2Fss%2Edetails%2Easp&cbid=184582127571

Click that link and then click on "View Complete Schedule in PDF."

You should be good from there. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help. :P

For some reason it didn't occur to me to check the Coach USA site for the schedule.

No problem.

And good luck with taking that thing. Keep a Morris & Essex line schedule and Newark Light Rail schedule handy if the bus doesn't show up for a while.....

Take the light rail to Broad Street from Penn Sta ($1.35) and get to South Orange via the railroad ($1.75)......

Lots of things but thats the alternative and might just be faster.

Might anyone know how the #44 Tremont is doing and wasn't the #31 formerly South Orange Avenue IBOA?

The 44 is an ok route. Looks like it gets good ridership. I see it from time to time at the bus lanes at NWK Penn.

And yes, the 31 was formerly South Orange IBOA.

Archived