My new BRT Low Floor model

Hey, guys! I have just finished work on a hybrid BRT low floor companion to the Orion V Next Gen I posted about earlier. The bus measures ~45' 6" from bumper to bumper by 108.25 inches wide and seats 49. The bus has a two-part floor similar to that used on most low floor models. From the front of the bus to the rear door, the floor is only 1" above the bottom of the chassis. Directly behind the back door along the center aisle are two steps to take passengers up to the traditional 21" elevated floor in the rear. This design loses a full five seats due to the presence of wheel wells in the front, but is able to use a ramp in lieu of a traditional wheelchair lift. The aesthetics are based on a combination of the NABI 42-BRT and the New Flyer 42-BRT; there is no single hump on this model, as the roof rises in a graceful curve an additional 12" above passenger compartment height. This way, the batteries, HVAC, and certain of the other bulky components that would normally be stored under the floor in the front can be placed in the roof. The bus has a fully detailed interior including slightly indented bucket seats, poles to hold on to, ad holders with lighting, and even the box with indicator lights above the back door. Driver's compartment is fully detailed. My idea for the powertrain on this was to continue with turbine-based series hybrid propulsion similar to that on the Designlines, perhaps with slight modifications to deal with the lack of underfloor space in the front. Enjoy!

BRTPerspective.jpg

BRTDoorSide.jpg

BRTDriverSide.jpg

BRTFront.jpg

BRTBack.jpg

BRTTop.jpg

BRTFrontInteriorFar.jpg

BRTFrontInteriorClose.jpg

BRTBackInteriorFar.jpg

BRTBackInteriorClose.jpg

BRTBackDoorStairwayClose.jpg

BRTFrontSignClose.jpg

BRTSideSignClose.jpg

BRTBackSignClose.jpg

BRTInteriorSignStopReqClose.jpg

BRTDriversCompartmentClose.jpg

BRTRadioSignControlsClose.jpg

BRTBackDoorBoxLightingClose.jpg

BRTNightPic3.jpg

BRTNightPic1.jpg

BRTNightPic2.jpg

Feedback would be greatly appreciated! Also, the 3D Warehouse only allows models of 10MB or smaller to be posted, and this is 17MB. Does anyone know of a SketchUp gallery that would accept a file this size?

Dude, that looks great! I'm still trying to figure out how to work with that program but haven't found neither the time or patience to do so...but I'll play around with the program someday! Keep it up!

Archived