Memorabilia Question

gregorygrice

Ok, So while I was bike riding my bike yesterday with my friend along the bronx river parkway, I decided to do some railfanning at North White Plains yard (I'll post pics later). While riding along the main parking lot, along the bushes, I find a worker hat that I believe used to be used by a MNRR worker. My problem is that you can't see any logos on it (It had lots of eater and mud in it, and required lots of cleaning). Is there anyway to put logos on it, lite spray paint it or something? Any suggestions?

downsized_0317001945.jpg

You can use a stencil and paint it yourself with the right paint, or use a sicker which will come off if you wear the hat, if you don't wear it, I suggest to use a sticker.

Thanks Paul. Yeah I dont think I'll be wearing it.:tup:

You should get a t/a sticker and place on the hat, it will look hot!

Thats exactly what I'm thinking. But first I have to see where I can get one:tup:

nice find!

What makes you think it came from a MNRR worker, other than the location? My Dad has an old hard hat from his days at the telephone company, back before the breakup of the Bell System in 1984. It looks exactly like that one, except that his has the Bell System logo and the blue/yellow stripes. Are there telephone lines in the vicinity?

What makes you think it came from a MNRR worker, other than the location? My Dad has an old hard hat from his days at the telephone company, back before the breakup of the Bell System in 1984. It looks exactly like that one, except that his has the Bell System logo and the blue/yellow stripes. Are there telephone lines in the vicinity?

Not where I found it. It was on the side of the tracks right by the entrance to the yard. Also my school librarian's husband confirmed that it was a (MTA) hat. He told me that he would try and get the helmet stickers for me.

Archived