Are things on the up for MNR?

jayt123

I noticed this too which surprised me. MNR just handed out a bunch of early retirement severance packages to trim down management.

As far as the craft positions you will notice most are for "future vacancies". This does not mean they are hiring. All this means is that they are putting together a hiring pool for when they are going have positions to fill. In fact one craft (not one that's currently posted) within MNR is currently on track to furlough somewhere from 30 to 90 positions between April and September.

The only saving grace is there is due to be numerous retirements within the next three years as MNR turns 30 years old in 2013 (if they last that long).

which craft position are they gonna furlough ?

Positions that are supposed to be furloughed are "administrative" positions. However, since the union that these positions fall under also cover custodian, ticket sellers and ushers, it will be individuals in these positions that will likely see themselves on the unemployment line as the last to be hired will be the first to leave.

What I am wondering about is whether anybody is getting hired at all? I've heard that nothings moving forward until the budget is set, does anyone know whats going on there? Are they close to finalizing it??

While I don't know what is going on specifically with hiring, I do know that there is a huge budget shortfall resulting in some trains being cut and employees being furloughed.

I'm sure once the above actions take place the budget may be finalized.... until next year.

Archived