NYC Transit scrambles to replace subway emergency gate locks as copied $27 'magic key

mark1447

NYC Transit may have to replace locks on emergency gates throughout its 468 subway stations because too many keys are the hands of subway scammers, agency head Tom Prendergast said Monday.

Transit has begun an audit to determine how many keys have been issued over the years and to whom, Prendergast said at the MTA's transit committee meeting.

If the audit determines too many keys have fallen into the wrong hands - the keys are supposed to be used only by firefighters and certain authorized transit workers - then the agency will change locks wholesale, Prendergast said.

"If that's required, that's what we're going to do," he said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/04/26/2010-04-26_nyc_transit_scrambles_to_replace_subway_emergency_gate_locks_as_copied_27_magic_.html#ixzz0mELxW0Hy

Like it's gonna stop anyone. All they'll do is stimulate the key copying market a little.

Yep they got old fashion jump turnstile, share a darn cell when entering HEET, ride back of bus, etc..

Well if these keys goes useless for the t/a i guess it can be used for the elevators then with FDNY?

Sad.......

Why would this be sad?

stop plotting :P

they wouldnt

Im not plotting im just going inside to pull anthonys wig off and your house to take some computers lol

For FDNY, well i guess now they have a nice access to disabled floors and such, like if SOME knows that this key is for FDNY/others too..

Im not plotting im just going inside to pull anthonys wig off

ewwww :P

and your house to take some computers lol

Nein! :P

For FDNY, well i guess now they have a nice access to disabled floors and such

yep

Archived