Optimum Wi-Fi Proposal

Infamous85

Bethpage, NY (PRWEB) June 2, 2010 -- Cablevision Systems Corp. (NYSE: CVC) today submitted a proposal to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to extend the Optimum WiFi network onto Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North trains within 12 months of selection at no cost to the MTA, providing wireless Internet access to travelers while in transit, in addition to the access that is already available on the train platforms and in parking lots at nearly 200 MTA commuter rail stations. The submission was in response to a formal Request For Proposals issued by the MTA.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/06/prweb4082054.htm

I think it's a great idea although it'd be nice if it was free like that McDonalds/AT&T thing but it's a huge step in the right direction.

I dont think people will be happy. Optimum Wifi requires you to log-in with an Optimum ID. If you dont have an ID, then you can't get online.

I have an ID and i can login in most bus stop in the bronx.

Of course Cablevision can work something out with the T/A to allow non- Cablevision customers to gain access to WiFi. Which i highly doubt. as T/a is getting free Wifi.

Cablevision is not available in Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and most parts of Brooklyn. Bronx 100% yes. Nassau Yes. Other parts not to sure.

Optimum ID= Cablevision Account.

I dont think people will be happy. Optimum Wifi requires you to log-in with an Optimum ID. If you dont have an ID, then you can't get online.

I have an ID and i can login in most bus stop in the bronx.

Of course Cablevision can work something out with the T/A to allow non- Cablevision customers to gain access to WiFi. Which i highly doubt. as T/a is getting free Wifi.

Cablevision is not available in Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and most parts of Brooklyn. Bronx 100% yes. Nassau Yes. Other parts not to sure.

Optimum ID= Cablevision Account.

In the article they said people without an account would be able to use it but it'd cost money.

In the article they said people without an account would be able to use it but it'd cost money.

Thanks for pointing that out and I had a feeling that would happen.

I wonder if SIRTOA would ever get this.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/06/prweb4082054.htm

I think it's a great idea although it'd be nice if it was free like that McDonalds/AT&T thing but it's a huge step in the right direction.

How does the McDonalds thing work? I see the 'wayport access' thing, but I don't go past it cuz I don't want to accidentally pay for something I won't use for more than 20min.

How does the McDonalds thing work? I see the 'wayport access' thing, but I don't go past it cuz I don't want to accidentally pay for something I won't use for more than 20min.

When you access McDonalds Wifi, you dont use Wayport, thats the older method. You need to open ATTWIFI, then open up your browser, wait for the McD web page to show up. Can take up to 5-10min(YES its SLOW as hell just to bypass it) then agree to there TOS by selecting the check box and wait for CONNECTION SUCCESSFUL to pop out, then u can get on wifi.

Note that not all McDonalds carry free web as per the commercials have stated.

Archived