Bill Maher on Taxes & The Bible

East New York

I've been watching him for a while, & while i don't agree with him on everything he is 100% right on on a whole bunch of stuff. I agree with him here.

Anyone who doesn't know that Martin Luther was a key figure (not the only, or the first) in creating the protestant church needs to not go to church or claim anything in the name of any holy being.

- A

I thought this was interesting. I totally agree on the Tax issue, and although I believe in God, and the Bible, he make's a good point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic9qMZpmc-I

I actually agree 100% on this. Faith is about ignoring the obvious; you're supposed to have the courage to deny raw reality and project your own imagination on it. And because of it, America is a very backward nation; it's a shame that the debate between creationism and evolution even exists today.

As for taxes, that 39% is either going to smite me in the next 4 years, or I'll have already immigrated to Hong Kong where the taxes are plain low (~17%).

What's 3% when you have money to blow?

The 3% isn't the cause. I've decided to move a while ago. It's the difference between 39% and 17% that you should be looking at. :P

This might or might not be a shocker, but despite my stinginess, I plan to become a philanthropist. If I end up staying in the U.S. longer than intended, I will literally donate all of the money that would've otherwise gone to taxes simply because I don't like what the government is doing with my money.

The 3% isn't the cause. I've decided to move a while ago. It's the difference between 39% and 17% that you should be looking at. :P

I see what you're saying. But no need for me to look. The only other country I would ever consider living in is Australia.

Archived