Ocean Parkway Express Tracks Re-Open

trainfan22

The express tracks at the ocean parkway station on the (Q) are reopen. But the coney island bound local track is now boarded up. So (Q) trains switch tracks before brighton beach station and switch from the local track to the express tracks. This also means that the (B) trains only have one track for the terimal instead of two like it normally has.....

The express tracks at the ocean parkway station on the (Q) are reopen. But the coney island bound local track is now boarded up. So (Q) trains switch tracks before brighton beach station and switch from the local track to the express tracks. This also means that the (B) trains only have one track for the terimal instead of two like it normally has.....

wtf...how long have they been working on Ocean Pky...definately more than a year

What?!! The Coney Island Bound Local Track was reconstructed between July 2006 and January 2007!

Oh wait, I think I know... After they reconstructed the Manhattan Bound Local Track, they re-concreted the platform as well. This was not done while the Coney Island Bound Local track was closed. This is the only solution that I can come up with as to why its closed again...

Once again (B) trains dump on A3 Track, run light south of Brighton Beach to the crossover, cross-over to A4 Track, and run back into Brighton Beach from the relay..

Heres some shots that I took over the past 2 years displaying the construction at Ocean parkway for clarity; hence, as to what I was stating about the concrete construction:

The night before the Coney Island Bound Local Track re-opened; January 10th, 2007:

A, 10 car Not In Service R40M (B) Train, testing the new tracks-

DSCN1808.jpg

DSCN1809.jpg

DSCN1810.jpg

The morning of January 11, 2007:

DSCN1831.jpg

DSCN1834.jpg

And we jump to June 24, 2007, the LAST day of the Manhattan Bound Construction, however, look at the Coney Island Platform here. The platform is not even, nor is their new concrete.

DSCN3064.jpg

DSCN3065.jpg

Manhattan Bound Local Track, June 24, 2007. An 8 car set of R68s from the (D) Train testing out the newly reconstructed tracks. As you can see, brand new 'yellow-grates' on the platform along with fresh concrete.

DSCN3068.jpg

DSCN3069.jpg

June 25, 2007: re-opened:

DSCN3092.jpg

DSCN3093.jpg

Your Senior Moderator

Zachary

The (B) trains dont relay past brighton beach this time. They just use the mantthan bound express track. They dump the brakes sit there for a while and change crews and go back to the city. No relaying i guess they didnt want to delay the (Q) trains while (B) line crews cleans out train for passgers....

The (B) trains dont relay past brighton beach this time. They just use the mantthan bound express track. They dump the brakes sit there for a while and change crews and go back to the city. No relaying i guess they didnt want to delay the (Q) trains while (B) line crews cleans out train for passgers....

Really? No Relay? Sometimes they didn't when this G.O. took place last, but for the most part they had to. Merging the (Q) with the (B) north of Brighton Beach utilizes more time. Wow. I know they had no choice during rush hours, they HAD to. Well, im not there to witness it now. Within a month I shall see how my Brighton Line is operating.

Archived