Barack Obama described Pennsylvania voters as being "bitter"

Coolbreezing

This theory could have held some weight had it not been in conflict with the adoptive behavior theory. The adoptive behavior is a type of behavior that is used to adapt to another type of behavior or situation. For instant children learn from observing a constant repetitive action which could be re-directed or imitated. Therefore, they is no way in hell a child can be brought up by gay parents and yet never adopt their behavior or imitates them at one point or another. Now having said that, one must also consider that " it takes a village to raise one child." In the situation described by metsfan, it is possible that most of this child friends could have been straight which may have help him disassociate himself from his parents behavior. After all it was two lesbians who raise a boy child. The level of disassociation in this case is highly possible since the child is a different sex. Had it been two gay men raising a boy, the level of association would have been more apparent. In this case the child would have associate himself more with his parents to the point he would imitates their behavior which subsequently would result in experimenting.

Even if that were the case who cares, people's private business is just that. We have no jurisdiction over others.

- Andy

Even if that were the case who cares, people's private business is just that. We have no jurisdiction over others.

- Andy

metsfan ...In a civilize society, we have a moral responsibility to protect children even under the jurisdiction of their parents. Now the question that preceded this argument was base on the fact that in most cases, children are not given the choice to choose what their sexual orientation will be when adopted by gay parents. Base on the theory of adaptive behavior, the child are more likely to adapt the behavior of his/her parents.

ENY ....no one said that they was anything wrong with Obama. We know that he's a democrat but he is a politician first. Therefore, we must give him the benefit of the doubt. They is no such thing as a perfect president, they have never been neither will they every be. As citizens, we can only hope that we elect a president who has the comprehension to know what the country needs. One at least who will try best to make the necessaries available to the public. We need jobs, better health care, a good education and a cleaner energy source to secure future prosperity.

metsfan ...In a civilize society, we have a moral responsibility to protect children even under the jurisdiction of their parents. Now the question that preceded this argument was base on the fact that in most cases, children are not given the choice to choose what their sexual orientation will be when adopted by gay parents. Base on the theory of adaptive behavior, the child are more likely to adapt the behavior of his/her parents.

Oh well, are they bothering you? Trying to "recruit" you? Come on man this is 2008 not 1298. I really honestly have never experienced this phenomenon in anyone i've ever known. In fact i know the opposite to be true. My ex's brother's parents are both strict catholics no red meat friday and no missing mass, even going several times a week... he actually told my brother (for reasons my brother and i still try to figure out to this day) about his sexual exploits with the same sex. Not only that, by my ex came out to me that she was attracted to women and men and not long after broke up with me because i wanted to talk about it being the understanding partner, her being the emotionally suppressed child of a strict religious household couldn't handle it. Her brother subsequently stole a large amount of cash which was in a travel wallet belonging to me in my packed bag i left at her place ready for me to leave to ireland in the morning when her & i were still talking (a family member of mine picked her up). I never got to go, and her parents blamed me for everything, including issues my ex was having that she never told me about. Another example, a girl i was interested in for a time is adopted with a mom & dad. She is a lesbian, and i was the only one she could talk to about it while she "dated" me as to not let people know about it, she now lives with her girlfriend on cape cod. If only she were straight :P. Anyways you see my point. Sexuality of others is no one's concern but those who may be a potential relationship partner. The main focus should be the type of parenting & parenting skills they have, not who they want to bone.

- Andy

Oh well, are they bothering you? Trying to "recruit" you? Come on man this is 2008 not 1298. I really honestly have never experienced this phenomenon in anyone i've ever known. In fact i know the opposite to be true. My ex's brother's parents are both strict catholics no red meat friday and no missing mass, even going several times a week... he actually told my brother (for reasons my brother and i still try to figure out to this day) about his sexual exploits with the same sex. Not only that, by my ex came out to me that she was attracted to women and men and not long after broke up with me because i wanted to talk about it being the understanding partner, her being the emotionally suppressed child of a strict religious household couldn't handle it. Her brother subsequently stole a large amount of cash which was in a travel wallet belonging to me in my packed bag i left at her place ready for me to leave to ireland in the morning when her & i were still talking (a family member of mine picked her up). I never got to go, and her parents blamed me for everything, including issues my ex was having that she never told me about. Another example, a girl i was interested in for a time is adopted with a mom & dad. She is a lesbian, and i was the only one she could talk to about it while she "dated" me as to not let people know about it, she now lives with her girlfriend on cape cod. If only she were straight :P. Anyways you see my point. Sexuality of others is no one's concern but those who may be a potential relationship partner. The main focus should be the type of parenting & parenting skills they have, not who they want to bone.

- Andy

No one is trying to recruit me, to recruit me would take a lot of brain power the ability to convince me that men are more appealing than women. Since I don't like the idea of receiving, I don't see how that can be possible. Since you asked yes, as a good looking men, you can't live in NYC and not have gay guys approached you. They sometime do it subliminally by sending their girlfriends after me or trying to be friend with the wrong intention in mind. I don't let it bother me much because truly they is no way of knowing if someone is gay or not unless those that are really obvious. Therefore, for them to assumed that I may be gay is as equally justified for a women to presumed that I'm straight. It is because of that fact that I don't hole it against them. However, I have my way of letting them know that I'm straight.

Anyhow, all of that is beside the point I made with you earlier. Gay parents specially who are of the same sex with the child, can not raise her/him on a leveled plane field where this child can be brought up to be heterosexual. It is almost impossible, unless that child is surrounded by other children who are brought up by heterosexual parents. Another factor that is excluded is base on the biological formation of the child. Considering that some children are born gay naturally that would be an exception.

No one is trying to recruit me, to recruit me would take a lot of brain power the ability to convince me that men are more appealing than women. Since I don't like the idea of receiving, I don't see how that can be possible. Since you asked yes, as a good looking men, you can't live in NYC and not have gay guys approached you. They sometime do it subliminally by sending their girlfriends after me or trying to be friend with the wrong intention in mind. I don't let it bother me much because truly they is no way of knowing if someone is gay or not unless those that are really obvious. Therefore, for them to assumed that I may be gay is as equally justified for a women to presumed that I'm straight. It is because of that fact that I don't hole it against them. However, I have my way of letting them know that I'm straight.

Anyhow, all of that is beside the point I made with you earlier. Gay parents specially who are of the same sex with the child, can not raise her/him on a leveled plane field where this child can be brought up to be heterosexual. It is almost impossible, unless that child is surrounded by other children who are brought up by heterosexual parents. Another factor that is excluded is base on the biological formation of the child. Considering that some children are born gay naturally that would be an exception.

I'm just adding this in to be funny, but you don't have to be on the receiving end!!!! Somebody has to be giving!!:P:D:D

I just think, that as long a there's a healthy family atmosphere with good parenting skills with open communication channels and proper living conditions as far as health and sanitation are concerned and financial issues are taken care of anyone should be able to be a parent. It is by far the most wonderful & amazing thing anyone can ever hope to do, and sexual orientation should not be an issue. Perhaps if you think being gay can "rub off" on others you need to expand your social circle a little bit and learn about the topic in the real world instead of creating ideas that are no way connected with reality.

- Andy

I just think, that as long a there's a healthy family atmosphere with good parenting skills with open communication channels and proper living conditions as far as health and sanitation are concerned and financial issues are taken care of anyone should be able to be a parent. It is by far the most wonderful & amazing thing anyone can ever hope to do, and sexual orientation should not be an issue. Perhaps if you think being gay can "rub off" on others you need to expand your social circle a little bit and learn about the topic in the real world instead of creating ideas that are no way connected with reality.

- Andy

Come on Andy don't do me like that. Tell me anything, tell me that I need to expand my horizon, make new friends, get to know people, I'll accept that. Tell me I'm a low life, I'll accept that. Tell me that they are too many children who are in need for a family for me to be concern about children being adopted by gay families, I'll embrace that critic. However, to tell me that my ideas are not connected with reality is evident that you're not paying attention. Andy ...any theory that is logically sounded is applicable by nature. The theory I described above are applicable to real life situation. As we communicate right now, they are children observing, imitating and experimenting the behavior of their gay parents, it is inevitable. I focus on it to prove a point but it's not like it makes a different to me. As I see it, they are too many needy children who needs a parent to be focusing on that.

For those of us who's wondering how could Obama loose PA need to wonder no more. It has become obvious that this race is not really about the issues that concern us. It's about credibility, person characterization of the two democratic candidates which doesn't help us much. Those type of critics among the candidates have redirected the focus of the American people from the real issues to personal attributes. We are tired of this none sense. We don't care whether Obama wears the American flag or not. That doesn't make him lest patriotic. We are not interested in what his pastor said, we're interested in what Obama has to say. Many of us goes to a Church were the preacher preach sermons which question our values, that doesn't make us into a better person. Therefore, why should we care about republican Thom Coburn position on abortion. Just because he's a friend of Obama, his position on abortion doesn't reflect Obama's. If Obama was a follower than he wouldn't be qualified to run for the presidency. If some of us were to allow our friends to influence us we could have had a negative turn out if our friends were bad influence. Thom Coburn position on abortion is the opposite of Obama's, so why do we patronize the guy about what Thom Coburn said.

We the people don't like those kind of politics. It doesn't help us at all. We want to know Obama's plan for renewable energy not why he doesn't wear the flag. We need to know about Hillary's plan for our troops not that she's tough. It's intelligence we need in the white house not toughness. A president who has the ability to come up with better policies that's going to benefit the country. Please ...we don't need another four years of war. Too many of our soldiers have already die and what have we gain in return. As a result cost of living has risen, oil prices are skyrocketing, lack of jobs, a food crisis is developing and a recession is settling. Please give us a break, turn the country around that's all we ask for.

Clinton is no better than bush if she stoops to these smear tactics to win a primary. My vote still goes to obama when he wins the primary, otherwise hillary will have it to keep another mistake from taking office.

- Andy

Hillary is still behind. Obama has more electoral votes than Hillary. The majority votes goes to Obama. Still Obama is playing it safe. His position on nuclear energy and Hillary is closely the same. None of them wants to elaborate on that issue. However, Hillary seem to be playing it safer than Obama. She needs to open up, offer the public what they need. Hillary's campaign needs to stop attacking Obama with those smear tactic. Once the American people realize that Hillary hole no concrete stand against Obama, she may jeopardize her chances. Obama represent change because he seems to be detached with the lobbyist. The American people are not stupid, since the country is on the edge of a depression, people are paying more attention. We the people need to pressure them to talk about the issues that matter's to us. Don't allow them to offset the real issues with none sense. Those issues are: Jobs, job outsourcing, the war, renewable energy, education, better health care, gay rights, foreign policies and the food crisis. Until they start talking about these issues, it will be difficult for those educated voters to know who to vote for.

Archived