How much longer will late night E use 6th?

traildriver

It seems to me that construction has been going on for years on and off causing the late night E to run on the F line from Queens to W4th.

Anyone know how much longer this will go on?

Only one brief period did I ever see the F rerouted on the E for construction.

Hiking from 6th to 8th each morning in the bad weather is getting tiring...

It seems to me that construction has been going on for years on and off causing the late night E to run on the F line from Queens to W4th.

That is something a bunch of railfans can't answer as this board is not affilaited with NYCT.

Perhaps an E mail to them would give you an answer?

Believe it or not F on the E is actually happening tonight.B)

Guest lance25

I would assume the (E) via (F)/(M) G.O.s will end once the signal modernization project is completed, but I could be wrong, so don't quote me on that.

I would assume the (E) via (F)/(M) G.O.s will end once the signal modernization project is completed, but I could be wrong, so don't quote me on that.

Thanks for that info. I don't suppose you would happen to know when it is projected to end?

The MTA website does not provide that sort of info...only that the E will run on the detour to mid-Feb.

And then it'll happen again and again, with brief periods of normal operation in-between. Like I said, it's been going on for many years.

I will try Bill from Maspeth's suggestion, and send MTA an email, but I am not going to hope for much in the way of response from them, other than some form letter about how they are working hard to improve the system, etcetera, etcetera...

I'll let you know what, if anything, I learn from them.

According to the (MTA)'s Capital Dashboard, that particular project is expected to end in October 2012.

http://www.mta.info/capitaldashboard/05_09/agencies/t/t5080314_all_data.htm

Sigh.

So it's going to drag on for another couple of years. Oh well. I'll get over it.

And then the next project will begin.....

Thanks much for that info!

Archived