Rockaways rehab progress

Amtrak7

All these weather related delays from last year have confused me: Which platforms/stations in the Rockaways have yet to be rehabilitated? I know Mott Ave still needs it (bus to B22?), but are all the local stops done on both sides?

here's an update. Currently the manhattan bound platforms ob B36th and B60th sts are closed and their old concrete platforms are being replaced. all the other platforms have new concrete and even the windscreens, gates and at least one set of new stairs. Mott ave right now is having its station house completly rebuilt! all you see right now are the steel beams

here's an update. Currently the manhattan bound platforms ob B36th and B60th sts are closed and their old concrete platforms are being replaced. all the other platforms have new concrete and even the windscreens, gates and at least one set of new stairs. Mott ave right now is having its station house completly rebuilt! all you see right now are the steel beams

Thanks, so once those 2 platforms are done in June only Mott is left. Is this Mott shuttle busing really happening, or are they not doing the platforms?

Thanks, so once those 2 platforms are done in June only Mott is left. Is this Mott shuttle busing really happening, or are they not doing the platforms?

Thats a good question. I have no idea

Is it the age of the Rockaways stations that has caused their deterioration or their nearness to the ocean?

Mostly age and lack of maintenance.

Archived