Trainz - Which version?

Cion

Ok guys, I have Trainz 2004 Deluxe Edition, however I noticed there are so many. Which version is most used for NYCT subway? I hear some content isn't able to be used with certain versions.

I suggest you to get Trainz 2009 b\c its a mix of 06 and Classics and 04.If not get the new Trainz its supposed to be good its Trainz Simulator 12.If not then get Trainz 2010 since all content is being updated to that engine.

Get the newest Trainz (pre-ordering 2012) because Auran is trying to mess people over by barring people with older Trainz versions from access to the download station (where the majority of the current subway content is) unless you pay a fee.

The people with Trainz Classics up can have complete access to the DLS, but they're going to phase Classics out soon, so I would get the newest version just to be on the safe side. Plus, it has multiplayer so that could probably be a plus for future NYCTA operations on the sim.

So is the new version 2010 or 2011?

Will the subway content work with that version(s)?

Where can I get the subway content from? (at least until I decide to build for trainz) Who up here has the R40 slant as well they can send me (until mines is built and converted) I want to see and use these trains.

So is the new version 2010 or 2011?

Will the subway content work with that version(s)?

Where can I get the subway content from? (at least until I decide to build for trainz) Who up here has the R40 slant as well they can send me (until mines is built and converted) I want to see and use these trains.

The newest available version, at the time of this writing, is 2010. Auran is releasing Trainz Simulator 12 on April 21st.

You get subway content from the Auran Download Station--you have to have a registered version of Trainz before being able to use the DLS. Also, since you're getting 2010 or later, just know that some of the subway content (mainly Magicland's detailed cars) will not work in the newer versions because of backwards-compatibility issues. However, there are many other cars made by Jeff Morris, that have been updated for use with 2009-2010 versions.

The R40 slant was available as payware when Magicland was still an active member of the Trainz community. However, since he has left--that content is no longer available. And those that do have it would not want to even *THINK* about risking severe consequences for distributing payware that isn't theirs without the original author's permission. So, you'll have to make due with what is available on the DLS.

And as for your "reality" quote for Trainz's brakes stopping on a dime--it depends on two things: a) the type of train, :P the quality of the train/intent of the creator. Those who want simple trains will often create simple brake systems--but let me assure you that those content creators who strive for quality will always have better attention to detail, including brakes. So, for all intents and purposes, from scenery, rolling stock, developmental progress/standards and ease of usability, Trainz is the way to go over MSTS.

If you do purchase Trainz, just know that HIGH quality subway content is coming soon from BStyles, myself, and ExpressLine3Train.

-A :cool:

Ummm...yes Magiclands subway cars will work in Trainz 2010.When I downloaded the Trainz multi patch it removed compatibility mode for every1 who downloaded/installed the multi patch so that's why EVERYTHING on the dls is being updated to Trainz 2010.I think Jeffmorris did his updates himself.There are volunteers converting older content for the current Trainz version.Since Magicland is inactive that's why several of his content hasn't been converted.But as of yesterday someone volunteered to upgrade his work and therefore several subway cars are available.So get Trainz Simulator 12 if not play it safe and get Trainz 2010.And make sure your computer can handle it.

I personally would just wait for 2012. You have multiplayer and routes that were not available on previous versions including whatever else Auran throws in there. Plus, they really like taking your money, so they'll probably find a way to scam 2010 or 09 users into buying 2012.

I personally would just wait for 2012. You have multiplayer and routes that were not available on previous versions including whatever else Auran throws in there. Plus, they really like taking your money, so they'll probably find a way to scam 2010 or 09 users into buying 2012.

LMAO a scam for us.Well said.I got fooled with the NEC its a f**kover b\c its from Wilmington to Philly.One stop wtf.

Archived