2 Ferry questions

anyone know if the JFK is still running? and when do the 2 austen class boats run?

Apparently the JFK boat is still in service. As for the Alice Austen and the other little one, they run usually around 24:00 or 01:00 in the morning onwards. Not sure until what time they stop though. I can remember years ago when they were short on ferries they brought out one of the little ferries (the Noble or Alice Austen boat) to handle some of the overflow. Are you new to Staten Island or something? B)

I hate that damn Alice Austen boat. I can remember riding it and being hammered and feeling like I was on a raft boat. :mad:

i havent seen either boat in a long time...latest i take the ferry is 11pm tho so i havent been on there over nite in a while...

I can't remember the last time I took the ferry, but it's been a good a few years. Maybe back in 2008 or 2009? It was snowing and I feared that my commute into the city would be a few hours, so since the (S98) was coming, I just got on, but we still had problems on the ferry, so I was late anyway. Now, you couldn't get me to ride the ferry unless I was totally stranded. That trip reminded me of everything that I hate about the ferry. The tourists, the noise, the rude commuters and the whole stressed out feeling I get hussling off of the bus to get to the boat to then hussle to try to catch the train, etc. It's just too much stress just to get to work and back.

Archived