SEPTA 2011s are... Diesel?

D.J.

Due to the recent budget cuts (Screw you new Govn'a) and finacial problems, the new 2011 buses that were part of a 4 year bus order will be diesel

SEPTA Recieved their first fleet of D40LFRs just last week and they are expected to be in service by the end of next week. The buses look very similar to the DE40LFRs that came the year before except some slight differences.

I'm not sure what the powertrain is but I'm totally looking forward to seeing these on the 56!

Callowhill is confirmed to get the first couple, with Midvale due for some later on.

Due to the recent budget cuts (Screw you new Govn'a) and finacial problems, the new 2011 buses that were part of a 4 year bus order will be diesel

SEPTA Recieved their first fleet of D40LFRs just last week and they are expected to be in service by the end of next week. The buses look very similar to the DE40LFRs that came the year before except some slight differences.

I'm not sure what the powertrain is but I'm totally looking forward to seeing these on the 56!

Callowhill is confirmed to get the first couple, with Midvale due for some later on.

The 2011 New Flyers are HYBRIDS like the previous 3 batches. what you mean that future purchases MAY be diesel if the money isn't there.

Maybe if we get rid of the Rethuglicans in Congress, we may get more Hybrids in the 2012 and later bus orders.

this thread was an april fools joke gone wrong... but you're right, the 2011s are hybrids and unless funding is approved, future orders will be diesel

I personally wouldn't mind since diesels run better IMHO... hybrids tend to be slow unless they're set correctly

Archived