Question about equipment movement

CHItransitFan88

So I've been reading a bit about the r188 contract. I've read that the new cars are going to be built at the 207th street yard. My question is how the heck are they going to get the cars to queens without having to go to Atlantic-Pacific via 6th ave and then running them up the (Q) or the (N)? or am I nuts and missed a track connection that would make the trip a whole lot shorter?

So I've been reading a bit about the r188 contract. I've read that the new cars are going to be built at the 207th street yard. My question is how the heck are they going to get the cars to queens without having to go to Atlantic-Pacific via 6th ave and then running them up the (Q) or the (N)? or am I nuts and missed a track connection that would make the trip a whole lot shorter?

Who told you that subway cars are actually built at 207 YD?

Well...they'll probably move them from 207 Yard/Bombardier (wherever they are being rebuilt) by truck to their respective yards...or they could use the track connection between the (1) and 207th and then reverse them at 96th to the Bronx and then to the respective yards via the actual subway. Tho this might cause some delays, even in the middle of the night.

-Dan

Well...they'll probably move them from 207 Yard/Bombardier (wherever they are being rebuilt) by truck to their respective yards...or they could use the track connection between the (1) and 207th and then reverse them at 96th to the Bronx and then to the respective yards via the actual subway. Tho this might cause some delays, even in the middle of the night.

-Dan

There is no other connection that I know of, to the (7) from the main lines other than the (N)/(Q) at Queensboro Plaza.

Archived