A Exp (5) train passing pelham parkway wpr

chrisliz09

Agreed. If these changes are happening then the MTA needs to place this in the map or else it ill confuse or get people angry. While I like the idea of an Express <5> via WPR Northern, i dislike that signs/maps/timetables still point that the <5> goes to 238th, rather i dont see a single <5> heading to 238th, rather Gun Hill M track and head to 239.

Tooo much crazy sh9t in the MTA... This is why they are hit with lawsuits for not managing certain areas well.

BTW does anyone know if the Morning <5>s out of 239th starts at 238th and goes local to 180th then express? Or does it start at Gun Hill?

The map in and of itself is confusing. You STILL won't see the 4 to New Lots on a map for example, even though that's been a staple of overnight service for years.

Someday it would be incredible if they could provide an interactive map based on time and day - a completely interactive version of the weekender including G/O effects that could show exactly which stations have service at a given time. But that's a long way out.

Paper maps, while useful as guides, are starting to be phased out in general in terms of popularity while many people check their phone or apps for this information. In the future when technology takes over everything, the MTA could aspire to the goal of a completely interactive time based map.

<5> supers out of 238 to Flatbush start at 238th, go local to East 180th, then express 180->149th/3rd..."as scheduled"

That's not Uncommon (5) trains going local on the WPR past 180th there's usually like 7 of them in the afternoon and a whole bunch in the morning rush. They mostly do it to alleviate the crowded trains going both north and south. Now what has not been seen in a long time for me is a <5> going up M track from 149th to 180th and taking M track up the WPR to gun hill road then switching and going local all the way to Nereid-238th then into the yard. Now its all local (5)

That's not Uncommon (5) trains going local on the WPR past 180th there's usually like 7 of them in the afternoon and a whole bunch in the morning rush. They mostly do it to alleviate the crowded trains going both north and south. Now what has not been seen in a long time for me is a <5> going up M track from 149th to 180th and taking M track up the WPR to gun hill road then switching and going local all the way to Nereid-238th then into the yard. Now its all local (5)

Like I said earlier, as scheduled in the afternoon the <5>'s to 238st are scheduled to go express from 149th/3rd -> E. 180th ONLY.

If they go express from E. 180th -> Gun Hill, it's at the dispatcher's discretion. It does happen enough that it can't really be considered "rare" though.

Archived