Culver RFW, Museum and some random photos

overclocked

Is that the same cat from last yr?

Also watch out with the flash, besides blinding someone or making the photo look to bright, its not allowed within NYCTA property.

Good pixs tho!

Thanks for the warning, I sincerely didn't know that I could not use flash, besides in case of my old point-and-shoot no flash means very grainy pictures in low light areas, like subways.

These are great shots from a point-and-shoot! Nice! I like the cat and the miniature stuff in the Transit Museum. ;)

True, point-and-shoots are frustrating when taking pictures in low light. I'm pretty sure there isn't a point-and-shoot out there that'll work like a SLR/DSLR in the underground. I deal with grainy photos of subways every time I'm railfanning underground. And yes, don't use flash. I didn't know that it isn't allowed in the subway though, but except for my pets I never use it because it ruins the shot - especially when taking pictures of the subway.

Nice shots @ the Transit museum; btw you got a F train cab window video, not a RFW video (i think the distinction between the two should be made clear since im getting confused lately now.. thought you had actual RFW footage as in looking out the front window directly and not through the cab)

Point and Shoot cameras are generally not good for low-light photography due to their smaller sensors and limited lens capabilities that is true, and yes using flash in many situations do ruin a photo by washing out certain parts and leaving other parts too dark.

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_s95-review/

This seems like a pretty good candidate for low-light photography, the lens stops all the way down to f/2.0 (most cameras start at 2.8 or 3.5)

Nice shots @ the Transit museum; btw you got a F train cab window video, not a RFW video (i think the distinction between the two should be made clear since im getting confused lately now.. thought you had actual RFW footage as in looking out the front window directly and not through the cab)

Point and Shoot cameras are generally not good for low-light photography due to their smaller sensors and limited lens capabilities that is true, and yes using flash in many situations do ruin a photo by washing out certain parts and leaving other parts too dark.

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_s95-review/

This seems like a pretty good candidate for low-light photography, the lens stops all the way down to f/2.0 (most cameras start at 2.8 or 3.5)

Thanks for the input, especially for clarification RFW vs Cab Window Video, so when all rolling stock will be NTT there will be no more RFW?

As for the camera I was thinking about getting an entry level DSLR camera, like canon T3 or nikon D3000. I would like for someone with DSLR to comment on that.

Archived