Arthur Hill Correctional closing

Amtrak7

When did I say it did? I said a simple statement: "Remember, more development doesn't necessarily equal more traffic if everybody takes the bus". Is that true or not true? If the development is built in a transit-oriented way, there won't be that much more traffic.

And just because the growth rate in transportation hasn't been at the same rate doesn't necessarily mean it isn't sufficient (I'm not saying it is or isn't the case here). In that instance, the buses serving the area have plenty of room. A 50% increase in ridership can be accomodated by the same number of buses if they weren't carrying a whole lot of riders before.

Oh please. You and I know that is not happening, and even with increased frequencies, service is still stinks because it is unreliable. Last night I called myself catching the 21:39 X10 which was almost 30 minutes late. :mad:

And they've increased the frequencies on the X10 during certain parts of the day to 20 minutes and you can somehow still wait almost 40 minutes for a bus. Something is very wrong with that. Increasing the frequencies does nothing if service is lousy and that's why folks will continue to use their cars and I don't blame them. I've had enough of it quite frankly. Complaining to the (MTA) seems to get no where particularly with the routes out of Castleton. Reliability is atrocious for the most part on all Castleton routes, with the exception of the S53, and that's probably only because they know that it would be a mess if you had a few buses go MIA. The X1s are more reliable though and quite frankly I think a lot of it has to do with the political representation on the South Shore, which seems to be void on the North Shore.

Archived