Transit honcho knifed

CPBO

An MTA foreman allegedly sliced his boss in the stomach in The Bronx early yesterday after getting chewed out for being late, transit sources said.

“The guy just walked up to him and stabbed him,” said MTA worker Clarence St. John.

It was just after 8:15 a.m. when junior foreman Alex Davis, 41, strolled into the workplace and began arguing with senior supervisor Kenneth Palacios, 59, under the No. 2 train’s Allerton Avenue station at White Plains Road, transit cops said.

Davis whipped out a knife and plunged it into Palacios’ stomach, St. John said.

Palacios “walked up to me and told me he was just stabbed,” said St. John, 57.

“He was calm. You could see it was torn. I called 911.”

Davis, who was arrested at the scene, has been charged with felony assault and criminal possession of a weapon.

He has a troubled past, records show. He did state time for attempted robbery in 1986 and for grand larceny in 1991. Details on those cases weren’t immediately available.

Palacios, an 18-year MTA veteran, underwent upper abdomen surgery at Jacobi Hospital, said his wife, Lisa.

“He’s groggy but in good condition healthwise,” she told The Post.

“He acknowledged my being there, and he told me he is fine. He was concerned about my handling the situation.”

Lisa Palacios said that she has urged her husband to retire but that “he loves his job and the people he works with.”

He had called her shortly after the stabbing and told her to go to Jacobi because of a “work accident.”

“He was really calm. That’s just the way he is. He told me not to worry,” she recalled.

“He always worries about me. I told my husband that I’m here and I love him.”

cgiove@nypost.com

Read more: MTA foreman accused of stabbing boss in argument over tardiness - NYPOST.com

Wow, this has not happened in a long time, especially in Transit.

Shit, I know of some surface yard dispatchers that are not very well-liked either. And I can see the reasons why too.

On the one hand, city work is grueling and can be frustrating, and under these working conditions I can see why shit would pop off (see Pelham 1-2-3...). But on the other hand that should not be used as an excuse to do things like this. B/Os I know, who appreciate their jobs, would never think to do something like this. This is really bad. Life-threatening and the junior foreman risks being put behind bars.

Archived