Decorated NYPD Officer Killed LOD

Joe

Back to topic if we can. Looks like this tragic murder is turning into a political football (what else is new)between Bloomberg/Police Chief Kelly and Brooklyn DA Hynes who once was the boss of the judge that allowed the main suspect Pride out on bail for only $2,500.

Brooklyn DA Hynes backs judge who freed Lamont Pride, later accused of killing cop - NY Daily News

I don't think that matters. It's overkill. They just deserve to be executed publicly, on national TV. Sort of like Carlin's idea for a death channel. Make it a premium channel, censorable for parents from kids (lest the PC crowd get their panties in a bunch), and film away. Might serve as a deterrent for those who might run afoul of the law.

WARNING: AGNOSTIC/ATHEIST DIATRIBE FOLLOWS (ie Shortline Bus). That's what I can't stand about religion, though. An illusion that in a parallel universe the good guy gets what he deserves and the bad guy gets what he deserves. The reality is a family is now forever incomplete because of some idiot who should have never been walking the streets in the first place, and nothing can change that, or make it right. It's why it's so important for the justice system and the prison system to PUNISH and CORRECT instead of LECTURE and MOLLYCODDLE.

I wouldn't mind such a televised event. Given how desensitized the world is, it probably wouldn't be 'that big a deal'.

You got your beliefs, I have mine. I'm not overtly religious, I just believe there is a higher power out there. But otherwise I do understand about how what is done cannot heal the suffering of the family and why would such a 'being' let such things happen. I don't pretend to know any of that stuff or try to sugarcoat it/justify it.

Archived