Decorated NYPD Officer Killed LOD

Joe

Hero NYPD cop Peter Figoski shot & killed by robber in Cypress Hills, Brooklyn - NY Daily News

A manhunt was under way Monday for the gunman's accomplice after a highly decorated NYPD officer was shot in the face and killed responding to a Brooklyn robbery.

Police released an image of the man who fled the scene after his cohort gunned down 22-year veteran cop Peter Figoski, 47, firing a bullet into the cop’s left cheek at close range.

image.jpg

RIP Officer Figoski

This news is disgusting. My cousin's a cop, my other cousin's a cop, my cousin's wife's brother is a cop, my sister's husbands older brother is a retired cop, my cousins wife is a retired cop, my neighbor is a cop, my other neighbor is a cop, my aunt is an ex-cop, one of my best friends brothers is a cop, three close friends I grew up with are cops, two of my cousin's close friends are cops. When we have family party's it's usually filled with cops. I have no sympathy for cop killers. They should be shot on the spot. :mad:

An update in the Figoski case. 4 people this morning (12/13/11)have been arrested in connection to this case.

Four in custody in murder of NYPD officer in Cypress Hills, Brooklyn | 7online.com

Man what sad is that he a single dad raising 4 teen daugthers. Even more tragic is that I read in the papers that Officer Figoki had a chance to retire recently but 'loved the job" and wanted the extra few years of work to pay for his girls college funding.

So sad to hear this story, so close to Christmas. RIP Officer Figoski.:cry:

RIP...

This is why harsher sentences are needed for violent and nonviolent criminals. Society is too lenient. You can bet the perp has priors, even without knowing who it is.

But some here continue to think that taking away his ability to legally buy a gun would have saved this, right n00bs? So where's his gun permit?

What might have saved the officer was if more people had guns. Perhaps if the perp thought the target of the robbery was armed, he wouldn't have felt so bold as to try it. Or suppose he was that dumb...whoever was the target of the robbery would have responded with gunfire and possibly shot the guy and seriously wounded him so that when this officer showed up all he might have had to do was bag him and tag him and take a statement, or perhaps just put the finishing touches on a ready to go arrest.

There's too many people on this planet, it's becoming a resource based fact, and if you want to talk population planning the best way to do it is start wiping out more criminals, not pitting the poor and middle class against each other in a rat race for the sloppy seconds of the resources of the rich. "Death row" is a joke. No one should be on death row for years. Put them down and move on.

Then shit like this would not happen as much.

You can bet the perp has priors, even without knowing who it is.

This "Lamont Pride" had an outstanding warrant in North Carolina and was released on $2500 bail in early November. The judge who set bail knew of the outstanding warrant.

This "Lamont Pride" had an outstanding warrant in North Carolina and was released on $2500 bail in early November. The judge who set bail knew of the outstanding warrant.

No Joe, the dipsh*t socially promoted Judge released him on society and P.O. Figoski on his own recognizance. No bail was issued and the ADA had only asked for $2,500 even with an outstanding felony arrest warrant. She should have to explain to the officers four daughters, why she let Pride roam the streets. He didn't slip though the cracks of the criminal justice system, he was allowed to walk out the front door.

This news is disgusting. My cousin's a cop, my other cousin's a cop, my cousin's wife's brother is a cop, my sister's husbands older brother is a retired cop, my cousins wife is a retired cop, my neighbor is a cop, my other neighbor is a cop, my aunt is an ex-cop, one of my best friends brothers is a cop, three close friends I grew up with are cops, two of my cousin's close friends are cops. When we have family party's it's usually filled with cops. I have no sympathy for cop killers. They should be shot on the spot. :mad:

I agree, and most times they are!

My uncle was a fed, other uncle a SEAL, 3 of my cousins are cops. My aunt is an ex-cop as well.

Cop killers think all cops are just "brass pigs." Most of them are guardian angels. All of them are our family. Somebody's family. God Bless his.

Sounds like a new rap song. Nice.

Much as I think the death penalty should be used on those scum, I think that would be 'too easy'. Scum like that should suffer brutally and then they will know what real pain and suffering is.

I don't think that matters. It's overkill. They just deserve to be executed publicly, on national TV. Sort of like Carlin's idea for a death channel. Make it a premium channel, censorable for parents from kids (lest the PC crowd get their panties in a bunch), and film away. Might serve as a deterrent for those who might run afoul of the law.

I can only hope that cop's soul is in heaven. That is not how anyone should die for doing their job.

WARNING: AGNOSTIC/ATHEIST DIATRIBE FOLLOWS (ie Shortline Bus). That's what I can't stand about religion, though. An illusion that in a parallel universe the good guy gets what he deserves and the bad guy gets what he deserves. The reality is a family is now forever incomplete because of some idiot who should have never been walking the streets in the first place, and nothing can change that, or make it right. It's why it's so important for the justice system and the prison system to PUNISH and CORRECT instead of LECTURE and MOLLYCODDLE.

WARNING: AGNOSTIC/ATHEIST DIATRIBE FOLLOWS (ie Shortline Bus). That's what I can't stand about religion, though. An illusion that in a parallel universe the good guy gets what he deserves and the bad guy gets what he deserves. The reality is a family is now forever incomplete because of some idiot who should have never been walking the streets in the first place, and nothing can change that, or make it right. It's why it's so important for the justice system and the prison system to PUNISH and CORRECT instead of LECTURE and MOLLYCODDLE.

Speaking from someone who's got his foot on both sides of the fence, religion may be fantasy but it actually works for some people. Whether it's a coping mechanism for the stresses of life or a desire to have an eternal paternal/maternal figure, it's all fine with me as long as they don't claim moral superiority and shit all over other people's beliefs.

Speaking from someone who's got his foot on both sides of the fence, religion may be fantasy but it actually works for some people. Whether it's a coping mechanism for the stresses of life or a desire to have an eternal paternal/maternal figure, it's all fine with me as long as they don't claim moral superiority and shit all over other people's beliefs.

A fair argument. One I'm not inclined to agree with, since I don't believe religion is necessary for ethics to exist...but that said, it's an argument I will accept as merited and well argued that for some people it can give them a compass or a foundation in their life, and I will also allow that people as creatures of habit enjoy rituals, even silly things like mass and the so called sacraments.

HOWEVER, to a second point, that aspect of religion as a "coping mechanism", is one of the things I most hate in this world and have a HUGE problem with, as it's a form of population control. Dangle a carrot (eternal salvation where all is made right!) and create a culture that not only accepts but welcomes suffering as a sign of the favor of a "god" and an indicator of more and better things to come in this imagined-postdeath-future-that-lasts-forever, and the oppressed will accept their oppression in life at the hands of their oppressors without question, and sometimes even with a most sickening pride of all.

There is no glory in suffering.

A fair argument. One I'm not inclined to agree with, since I don't believe religion is necessary for ethics to exist...but that said, it's an argument I will accept as merited and well argued that for some people it can give them a compass or a foundation in their life, and I will also allow that people as creatures of habit enjoy rituals, even silly things like mass and the so called sacraments.

HOWEVER, to a second point, that aspect of religion as a "coping mechanism", is one of the things I most hate in this world and have a HUGE problem with, as it's a form of population control. Dangle a carrot (eternal salvation where all is made right!) and create a culture that not only accepts but welcomes suffering as a sign of the favor of a "god" and an indicator of more and better things to come in this imagined-postdeath-future-that-lasts-forever, and the oppressed will accept their oppression in life at the hands of their oppressors without question, and sometimes even with a most sickening pride of all.

You should set foot in a church and mingle with the people a few times as a guest. It's not all oppression, ignorance, and bigotry when religion is exercised the right way.

So, (N)(E)(W)(T)(H)(R)(E)(A)(D)?

Dammitt Subway Guy:tdown:. You turned a tragic event with this officer being murdered into your damn agenda of bashing religion again. You being very selffish here. This tragic crime had nothing to do with religion. Sometimes if you disagree with someone statement's it's better to walk away and not say anything. We get your views Subway Guy and your entiltled to it. However you need to show some compassion but you have nothing. You speak of enforcing laws and guess where many laws in the western world come from oh yes the bible.

Atheists expolit the world's problems as much as anyone else. So keep that in mind. Again chill on the anti-religion bashing.

However you need to show some compassion but you have nothing.
Addendum: More importantly, understanding as opposed to just knowing.

You speak of enforcing laws and guess where many laws in the western world come from oh yes the bible.

Atheists expolit the world's problems as much as anyone else. So keep that in mind. Again chill on the anti-religion bashing.

I'm attending church, but I'm not "all there" yet, so I'll speak from my atheistic point of view: many barbaric laws and practices influenced by the Bible were also deprecated to create the laws we have today.

Addendum: More importantly, understanding as opposed to just knowing.

I'm attending church, but I'm not "all there" yet, so I'll speak from my atheistic point of view: many barbaric laws and practices influenced by the Bible were also deprecated to create the laws we have today.

Censin this thread was about an officer getting murder in cold blood not about faith. Even as someone like you Censin who 'questions the existence of God" or not a believer, I don't see you (Censin) bashing those who believe such as Subway Guy. Yet Subway Guy seems to be a very bright man that does not need to 'dis' those who believe.

Archived