Lionel Limited NJT Starter Set Review

Good day to all, well as we all should know, Lionel recently released a new starter set for New Jersey Transit. This set is very nice and is surely worth the price. The locomotive replicates a General Electric U34CH built in 1970 for Erie Lackawanna Railway. In 1983, the locomotive replicated, unit 4167 was sold to NJT. It ran to 1990 and then was sold off around & around to different railways and eventually ended up in Mexico, where is went to that big railway in the sky.

The commuter cars are based off Comet IIs cars 5616-5618. These cars have since been rebuilt into Comet IIMs. I am not too sure as to what these exact cars have been renumbered too but in all, a mix of comet IIs & IIBs have been rebuilt into Comet IIMs.

This set is very well detailed with a few minor details missing. One thing that I personally do not like is on the comet cars, on the ends of the NJT scheme, the space to the end of the car is silver, and not black like the real car. Another thing I do not like is that the cars have only one door on each side of the car, in stead of two like they should. However, the set runs amazing other then that and is a great buy, as the loco is very detailed when compared to a real life U34CH.

Below is one picture, video to come later on today or tomorrow:

377467_289241097779855_100000819025293_752893_413476492_n.jpg

Archived