Stacked trains-49 st b'way line

M31clinton

I often see N/Q trains stacked on the express tracks during hours between AM & PM rush @ 49 st. How does a T/O get to and from these trains?

Those are layed up after the AM rush and the Train Operator has to walk on the tracks to/from the trains between there and 57th Street, I believe. Anyone can correct me here.

Those trains begin/terminate at 57th Street because of capacity issues along the BMT Astoria Line.

Those are layed up after the AM rush and the Train Operator has to walk on the tracks to/from the trains between there and 57th Street, I believe. Anyone can correct me here.

Those trains begin/terminate at 57th Street because of capacity issues along the BMT Astoria Line.

are there c/r at 57 st from 4-6PM that start there first trip and end at 57 st at 12AM?

The T/Os and C/Rs can also exit an (N)(Q)or® At 49 St to relieve their layup trains as well.

These jobs all start out of City Hall, and end at Astoria (at least the (N) ones do). They sign in down there, the T/O travels up to 49st on an (R) (its the only thing running down there at the moment), the C/R to 57th to wait for the put-in. These used to be the two trains stored at G3/G4 Lex (I used to have a key to go back there but its useless now and forever will be useless ;)), but of course that track is now OOS for the building of the other half of 63-Lex for the SAS and connection to the already bored tunnels. As far as I know we're not allowed to go back there anymore (I know you guys would LOVE for me to go back there and get pics and updates), but of course there's motion sensors and the such back there for terrorism purposes. These (N) and (Q) crews do not lay up their train at the conclusion of the last trip, unlike the other late jobs that end at Astoria (or CHL).

Archived