East side access photos

N4 Via Merrick Rd

Well they completed the Tunnels under Manhattan , they've just started Major station work at GCT... They completed half the Tunnels at the Sunnyside yard...Next comes the Track laying and finishing touches which will take a year. The Tunnels at Sunnyside should be completed by Next summer....so 2016/2017 is a very real possibility...

Well they completed the Tunnels under Manhattan , they've just started Major station work at GCT... They completed half the Tunnels at the Sunnyside yard...Next comes the Track laying and finishing touches which will take a year. The Tunnels at Sunnyside should be completed by Next summer....so 2016/2017 is a very real possibility...

actually they said they are gonna be done this year i think

They still have a long way to go. The Hudson News located in the Biltmore Room in GCT has to be removed for the escalators that will lead down into the LIRR Terminal.

Still, these photos get my excited. I can't wait to take my first LIRR trip into GCT, even if GCT perhaps isn't totally ready for the new traffic IMO. I haven't had an excuse to go to delicious Eat A Pita there since 2010. :eek:

Archived