Same MTA (and NICE Bus) rear door announcements on WMATA Metrobus... Whaaaaaa?!?

So I was "Transportation"-fanning in Washington, DC yesterday, and while I was about to get off the NABI 60-BRT on X2, I heard the same exact rear door announcement (same voice and style as well) as with MTA buses (like Orion VII and NovaBus LFS Articulated). I guess those voices are to be available nationwide, huh?.

Now that bus's rear doors are completely operator-operated, meaning the doors open when operator "unlocks" rear door, so all I heard was "Doors opening" when doors start to open. And when the doors start to close, "Doors closing" announcement is played, but there was another alerter (2 Bings) when doors are closing. I have no clue on the rear door warning announcement (played when passenger gets too close to the doors) was because I was in the front of the bus and there is only 1 rear doorway.

I got nothing to properly record this announcement, so no audio media, sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

The anoucement you are talking about is "Please Move Away From The Doors." Passenger doors have always been operated by the driver. There are different settings. They can either be operated by the driver alone, or both the driver and passenger.

The doors with the standard anouncements with that same voice you heard are Vapor Class series doors, which are available on all buses. WMATA was one of the first agencies to specify Class doors on it's new equipment.

Archived