Message from Veolia/NICE CEO

I wonder if it paid off to return service to Valley Stream LIRR. And how does ridership go up 6% by just changing the name? I haven't seen any ads for NICE other than on NICE buses.

probly due to improved connections with the long island railroad ridership should probably improve again considering that the gas is going to just go up. More buses to meet the long island railroad better so are you will see ridership go up. With gas prices up and better marketing of the bus routes don't be surprised if some buses you would normally never see full turn into sardine cans when gas hits a new high those people will look for other ways. many long islanders are not against it is is that they just simply do not know how to use the bus system as proven by several commuters I have surveyed today

probly due to improved connections with the long island railroad ridership should probably improve again considering that the gas is going to just go up. More buses to meet the long island railroad better so are you will see ridership go up. With gas prices up and better marketing of the bus routes don't be surprised if some buses you would normally never see full turn into sardine cans when gas hits a new high those people will look for other ways. many long islanders are not against it is is that they just simply do not know how to use the bus system as proven by several commuters I have surveyed today

Where? Where is NICE marketing? The only NICE ads I've seen are inside NICE buses. Long Island Bus used to advertise at LIRR stations, on the outside of buses, and other places too, I think. I suggested NICE start advertising for at malls like Roosevelt Field, Walt Whitman, or Sunrise to take the bus to mall. That could generate some ridership. And its hard to believe that ridership goes up 6% just by changing the name. I think the (MTA)'s measurement of ridership just wasn't that accurate, it was a rounded number.

Archived