service change on 2 & 3

Service Change Posted: 03/11/2012 8:41AM

Due to track maintenance at the 145th Street Station, select downtown and trains are running local from the 96th Street Station to the Chambers Street Station.

Please expect delays in (2) and (3) train service at this time.

Could someone please explain to me how this makes sense, why if there's maintenance at 145 both (2) & (3) have to run local on a totally different part of the line?

Service Change Posted: 03/11/2012 8:41AM

Due to track maintenance at the 145th Street Station, select downtown and trains are running local from the 96th Street Station to the Chambers Street Station.

Please expect delays in (2) and (3) train service at this time.

Could someone please explain to me how this makes sense, why if there's maintenance at 145 both (2) & (3) have to run local on a totally different part of the line?

Track maintenance at which 145th Street station? Perhaps there's maintenance at the 145th Street (1) station, so the (1) is running at reduced frequencies, and select (2)s and (3)s are running local to fill the gaps in service.

(Just to be clear, I have no idea what's going on or where, but based on the OP, this is the only thing I can think of that makes sense.)

Archived