I think that this is a great video. It helps everyone get informed about how their subway cars are built. I never knew that the base set was 5 Cars, which explains how so many of these R160s are 10 Car trains. Also, I never knew that the doors were built separate from the body itself.

The way companies build the base set is really just dependent on what the customer wants. Also Car Equipment can rearrange the cars as needed. This is how they make four-car sets of R160s for the BMT Eastern Division lines.

I called Kawasaki a while back because I wanted to tour their Yonkers facility. They said no due to security concerns. I think rail equipment manufacturers in general should consider allowing students to come for field trips. I really want to tour a rail equipment manufacturer's facility.

Well then, thats where search tags come in. Even if you don't know the name. A bit of search would help.

I never knew the video existed. What would have led me to search for it? It was really good and exactly what this forum is about, so why has this thread turned into everyone attacking the fact that it was posted? Does skipping over one line as you scroll through the threads affect you that much?

I never knew the video existed. What would have led me to search for it? It was really good and exactly what this forum is about, so why has this thread turned into everyone attacking the fact that it was posted? Does skipping over one line as you scroll through the threads affect you that much?

No one is attacking anyone. I only suggested.

Searching is the first thing to do, but if its not found, then make a thread. Lot of people do that here. Just like Youtube.

Problem is, there are about 2 threads of this, now this. Which is considered duplicate. I guess as someone suggested before to make a sticky/official thread would help.

Now to ease more issues from appearing, lets just get back on topic. To keep the thread from collapsing like others.

Archived