Roosevelt Field Reps Delve Into Redevelopment Plans.

Garden City Patch (Garden City, NY) - "Highlight new design and additions to the Garden City-based shopping center.

New restaurants, renovated and redesigned space, and a Neiman Marcus store will be coming soon to Roosevelt Field Mall.

Roosevelt Field General Manager Nadine Nakamura was on hand at the Council of East Meadow Community Organizations’ (CEMCO) meeting last week to give an overview of the project and answer questions pertaining to the redevelopment.

Roosevelt Field was built in 1956, and underwent renovations in 1993 and 1998, according to Nakamura.

“We are sorely due for an upgrade,” she added.

The new Neiman Marcus will be added to the mall near Macy’s. Seasons 52, a restaurant, is now open, with The Capital Grille and Havana Central slated to open by the year’s end. There are plans to renovate the AMC movie theater at the property to a “premium movie theater,” Nakumura said.

“It’s definitely going to be a much more upscale theater in keeping with all of the amenities of that area,” she said.

Additional pedestrian areas near the restaurants are going to be constructed to beautify the location.

“Between the Macy’s and the grand entry of the property, you can’t walk between them,” Nakamura said. “We want to be able to have an area that is comfortable for customers to traverse. We will be having more greenery in the area, possibly being able to turn this into something that could be an events space as well.”

Nakamura said space for small shops is going to increase by about 7,000 square feet, with Neiman Marcus accounting for an additional 100,000 square feet.

She added that the food court will also be relocated to the area by Dick’s Sporting Goods in the “north court” on the second level. It will go from its current approximate 1,000 square feet to 1,200 square feet. The former food court will be converted into small stores.

Nakamura said that they are hoping to begin work on the food hall, which is the first part of the construction, in early 2013. Neiman Marcus is scheduled to be completed by 2015. The redevelopment, which is privately funded, will cost Simon Properties, the owners of Roosevelt Field, approximately $250 million."

“Renderings and more via Source Link: http://gardencity.pa...velopment-plans

That food court is one of my favorite parts of the mall, with the unique zeppelin design and the restaurants being around the base of the "zeppelin". But getting a seat there is a NIGHTMARE because of that design. Hopefully the new food court will have the seating area surrounded by restaurants like most mall food courts, so the seating would be much better than it is.

And Simon, quit harassing photographers while you're at it.

That food court is one of my favorite parts of the mall, with the unique zeppelin design and the restaurants being around the base of the "zeppelin". But getting a seat there is a NIGHTMARE because of that design. Hopefully the new food court will have the seating area surrounded by restaurants like most mall food courts, so the seating would be much better than it is.

And Simon, quit harassing photographers while you're at it.

I admit I grew attached to the Zeppelin and the Food Court, and without the Zeppelin, Roosevelt Field would be so different, however things have to change to accommodate the ever growing population and shoppers, and yeah the Zeppelin design would be out, but at least the new Food Pavilion still has an "aerospace" design to replace the current Food Court. From the looks of it, yes it's going to be like most mall Food Courts.

And photography policy won't change, I am trying to get a hold of Simon's PR to allow me to photograph Roosevelt Field Mall and other properties that might get torn down and renovated.

And photography policy won't change, I am trying to get a hold of Simon's PR to allow me to photograph Roosevelt Field Mall and other properties that might get torn down and renovated.

Don't even bother, just go and take pictures 'til you're caught as long as you're not using a DSLR. If you want to use a DSLR, you probably could still get away with taking pictures if it's early morning or the middle of a weekday, there's no security around, and you have it out of sight whenever you're not using it. If you're thinking about getting pics at The Source before it closes, it's a VERY easy place to take pics at, since because of it being so dead they only have like 2 security guards working there.

Archived