Provisional to permanent placement?

Funkygroves

How does it all work, I know there are a few different ways this goes down. Though in a situation like mine where I took the qualifying examination already (I know I passed it) then they called me for a provisional appt. when the list I'm off of is established and I say pass the practical and everything's good. How would it all go down, would I have my number moved from say low to high seeing that I am already on company property? Or when they do start calling from the list would I have to they reach my list number to be considered? Or say they call for arguments sake 150 people and I'm 155 what happens then do I stay dormant until they reach my number or the list expires?

• 1 month later...

Provided you passed the test, you will continue working until they get to your list number. If they don't, don't fret, there are provisionals at transit with double digit service years. If they have a lay-off, you WILL loose your employment, but not really likely. If your working by now, find the TWU/ATU rep at your location to get more info.

• 1 month later...

" when the list I'm off of is established and I say pass the practical and everything's good. How would it all go down, would I have my number moved from say low to high seeing that I am already on company property?"

People hired provsionally become permenant when they pass the practical test, if they fail they are terminated.

The number is the number it does not get moved. The "number" will determine your senority number as you become permenant. There are may be hundreds of provitional CI's right now.

This is a civil service job, there was a lawsuit on long island a few years ago that turned it all upside down... there will be no more 20 year provtionals it is technicly "illegal"

• 1 month later...

Archived