Lhota Says Railroads Need To Work Together To Overcome Maxed-Out Hudson Tun

mark1447

Interesting tid bit. I do think that the reason for not running the DM30AC's in electric mode for longer periods of time is silly though. And there won't be any shopping carts at the western portals of the Hudson river tubes, so that constraint on the DM's going into NJT territory is out ;) The question is, where would they terminate??

LIRR modified them so warranty became void. With no warranty, MTA won't risk losing a second.

@Jay & the rest: LIRR lost DM30 #503 in that fire + shopping cart incident, the DE/DM30's only run in the 4xx and 5xx numbers fyi, ;-)...

The majority of my knowledge is in Metro-North. I didn't remember the locomotive number, so thanks for correcting me.

Hopefully, one day things will work smoothly and perhaps, just perhaps NJTransit might be able to access Jamaica Station and LIRR and Metro-North can access to Newark Liberty Airport or Newark Penn. That finally means people can travel to the Airports around the region with a one seat ride and Penn Station won't be so conjested with homo sapien traffic, lol!

The majority of my knowledge is in Metro-North. I didn't remember the locomotive number, so thanks for correcting me.

It's alright, now you know some LIRR stuff, =]!

Archived