Orion VII 4 Life

On Saturday, when I was on the X17C, MCI #2754 on the X1 was in front of us for most of the ride past the Verrazano. I noticed that it has a strange back, with only an (MTA) logo and no "New York City Bus" or "Bus" after it, and the bus number in an unusual font. I'm curious as to why this bus has a back like that, since I'm 99.9% sure it wasn't ever at (MTA) Bus or LI Bus, and even if it was I'm sure they would've put "New York City Bus" back on it by now rather than leave it blank since it definitely wasn't there recently. Maybe it's because of an accident?

Video, thankfully it was behind my bus when I got off since I only got crappy pics when on board, since my camera takes awful pics with flash off unless you have it on auto, and even outside the tunnel I couldn't manage to get a pic without the flash with auto on.

#2754 is the second bus in the video.

[media=]

[/media]

EDIT: found one good pic, but the bus was pretty far in front of mine

DSC01337.jpg

There are tons of buses without the "New York City Bus" or "Bus" added on to the MTA logo, sometimes the buses just get repainted without it (5223) or they get a panel replaced without it (3951). That font is on a bunch of Yukon buses, probably just what the mechanic working on it used to number the bus.

Archived