Recent work in openBVE

sorry , but its already in development , please refer to the comment i left on your vid:

I looked at the comment, and it seems that there are misunderstandings.

1) I watched the R143 video. The thing I did isn't just another speedometer for the cab, it's a dual display, telling you a maximum speed and your current speed.

2) "Hey man can you please not modify and then showcase it publicly." - It's always been to my understanding that as long as I don't release it, it's fine to upload a video to Youtube. I mean I see dozens, if not hundreds of people's modifications to trains on YT.

3) I don't know if it's because you think I'm trying to release it or what? I have no intentions on releasing any modifications I make to trains, nor will I ever have that intention.

I looked at the comment, and it seems that there are misunderstandings.

1) I watched the R143 video. The thing I did isn't just another speedometer for the cab, it's a dual display, telling you a maximum speed and your current speed.

2) "Hey man can you please not modify and then showcase it publicly." - It's always been to my understanding that as long as I don't release it, it's fine to upload a video to Youtube. I mean I see dozens, if not hundreds of people's modifications to trains on YT.

3) I don't know if it's because you think I'm trying to release it or what? I have no intentions on releasing any modifications I make to trains, nor will I ever have that intention.

Alright cool, there has just been a bunch of people re - releasing the trains that have been modified without even asking for permission and we are just trying to crack down on it. Posting vids is no problem , just give credit or a link to the original . If you want to help out with the project feel free to PM me. I haven't implemented the feature that displays the CBTC maximum speed so if you somehow implemented it and it complies with the route , then i can use that and ill give you credit . Im currently updating the r143 and will update the r160 with a CBTC compatible version soon.

Alright cool, there has just been a bunch of people re - releasing the trains that have been modified without even asking for permission and we are just trying to crack down on it. Posting vids is no problem , just give credit or a link to the original . If you want to help out with the project feel free to PM me. I haven't implemented the feature that displays the CBTC maximum speed so if you somehow implemented it and it complies with the route , then i can use that and ill give you credit . Im currently updating the r143 and will update the r160 with a CBTC compatible version soon.

Yeah, I never release any of the trains I modify and upload to Youtube. Ever.

"I haven't implemented the feature that displays the CBTC maximum speed so if you somehow implemented it and it complies with the route" - This is exactly what my modification does. The speed displayed varies with what's coded in the route itself, so the display is route dependent. It's actually meant to be combined with openBVE's A.I. function so that it is basically operating just as if it was CBTC controlled, but it can be operated manually in that mode too.

• 4 months later...

Archived