Un-coolness on the NEC!

metsfan

What the hell? Why were the such problems on the :nec: today? Why were there 2 amtrak diesels hooked to each other near jersey ave, but not hooked to anything else, on the MIDDLE track? Why was a diesel pulling an alp-46 with a multilevel on the back to the MMC? Why were the express trains short on cars? My 8:07pm (NJT):nec: express to trenton was like 5 cars.. comet 2, 3, and 5.... 2 comet 2, 2 comet 3 and 1 comet 5 cab car (push mode).

Why were we on the lower (closer to newark) track going into SEC instead of the normal outside (towards hoboken) track?? I heard of police action at newark which held us up also....... Strange stuff was afoot. Even on (SEPTA) at levittown afteri got off the driver got out from the front and was checking something on the train. I got video of it actually.

Also a :me: train was CANCELED, no explanation?

- Andy

I have no idea. I was out of NYP at 6:16 today. I had to let a train go because it was severely overcrowded.

Yea. Mine was standing room only at newark to new brunswick. Thankfully i didn't take PATH, got on at NYP. I wonder what happened, perhaps something over in sunnyside happened that prevented (NJT) from getting to their cars or somethin. Thankfully the service minded folks at (NJT) and amtrak let my train go over the 60 mph limit for much of that zone's distance. We were going as fast as they could safely go in some spots, maybe even reaching 100 (in push mode they only do 95 tops i think). A train ahead of us made is 15-10 minutes late as well at newark. By the time we got to trenton they had narrowed that delay down to 2 minutes. We were going so fast at some parts that the cab car's windows were vibrating profusely. If it were daylight out i would have video'd it. Drama FTL!

All i know, is that after being in the subway sauna all day (especially broken R68 (1) A/C cars!) i wanted a simple no drama ride home. Didn't happen :D.

- Andy

All i know, is that after being in the subway sauna all day (especially broken R68 (1) A/C cars!) i wanted a simple no drama ride home.

Since when do R68s run on the (1)? I guess paying the extra $3.25 saved me from the annoyances.

Since when do R68s run on the (1)? I guess paying the extra $3.25 saved me from the annoyances.

I don't remember what cars those are. All i know is that it was not a NTT and they only have like one older model car on those lines. Every other car on the (1) was no A/C, and a <6> train we got was a NTT it had one bad car, we got off at some station i forget but i took photos & got on the next <6>, it was a lot cooler.

When they say the lex is at capacity or over, they are not kidding, every train aside from the <6> was packed full.

- Andy

Looked into it on wiki about the car type. I am not proficient yet in recognizing all of the different type of cars, but i knew it was an R6x

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R62A_%28New_York_City_Subway_car%29

That's what gave me and Sarai a headache yesterday.

We got off at one point and didn't get back on in time (we were too far back for south ferry) and then got in the front car (i think i also have photos for this) and it thankfully was nearly empty and had A/C. :rolleyes:

- Andy

Looks like NJT dunno what they're sending out there and had so many problems that control couldn't handle each one properly.

Somethin. Like i said though, it was only stressful because of the crowd added to the delay equaled not fun for me after being slow roasted all day in the subway. What was going on with the ALP-46 getting a tow & multilevel behind it? Aren't they only 7 or less years old? Maybe a heat issue? If it wasn't for the stress, i would have had fun, because riding the :nec: with its high train traffic is always interesting day or night. Crazyness.

With some more thought and my new router working well & that stuff not occupying my mind, i realized they could be moving a few cars to morisville in anticipation of track 1 being taken out of commission. Track 4 has ballast and has been replaced between Just before jersey ave station and a little bit towards trenton at hamilton. This means they are all most done. I think they are waiting for this weekend to sneak in & finish track 4....

It could be a nightmare of epic proportions for me personally if they fiddle too much with the :nec: schedule NYP bound when track 1 is taken out, because i all ready have only 3 trains i can aim for, sometimes 2 and, i miss the earlier one, to catch sarai in a reasonable amount of time (she sometimes has to wait for me). I just hope (NJT) and PATH have an agreement to allow "schedule pairing" with trains so the delay is not exacerbated. I guess we'll see what happens.

- Andy

Archived