Rerouted 5 from woodlawn announcements

Mr Railfan

Wow, Kathleen Campion and Catherine Cowdery on an IRT line! Not what I expected...I was thinking that it was maybe going to be Melissa Kleiner. I heard that some of the rerouted (5) announcements haven't been updated to remove her voice; e.g. (5)to Woodlawn.

When the 5 was departing from 161 [bound for Woodlawn], it played a small part of the announcement before the C/R turned of the program so he can make manual announcements. From what i remember it sounded like Catherine saying "This is a Wo..... DING*" so i think they fully removed melisa from all programs. Maybe if im lucky i can catch a 5 signed up To woodlawn tomorrow since its going to 149 Grand Concourse - upper level.

This makes me wonder if the (2) to Dyre Av, (5) to Wakefield, and (2) to 137 St are also Kathleen Campion. The (5) to Manhattan via the (4) line is obviously her (not Dianne), but those other ones sound a little like both...

the (2) to Dyre announcement is recorded by Kathleen , the (2) to 137 and (5) to wakefield via local is Dianne.

Archived