Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
SeVenSinZ

What type of job can I get with my Airframe & Powerplant License?

Hello all, I have an Airframe & Powerplant license (A&P) and was wondering what kind of job I can get with the MTA? I would like to know the job title and what would the pay be?

Thanks guys, I was wondering more along the lines of being some sort of mechanic for the MTA. I currently work for an airline as an aviation maintenance mechanic and heard some coworkers saying that we can work for the MTA. Just wasn't sure as to what kind of jobs we would be able to attain.

Thanks guys, I was wondering more along the lines of being some sort of mechanic for the MTA. I currently work for an airline as an aviation maintenance mechanic and heard some coworkers saying that we can work for the MTA. Just wasn't sure as to what kind of jobs we would be able to attain.

Just speaking for the LIRR , but their are a lot of current and ex airline workers here including myself. Having a mechanical background would lead you to car repairmen or even machinists. But for car repairmen you have to start of as a cleaner or C.A.M. From car repairmen most go up to road car inspectors. Or some just do a couple of years and become gang foremens. That's the options for the RR.