ALERT!

metsfan

MTA Long Island Rail Road

Service Alert

Sunday, July 27, 2008 7:56 PM

Montauk Branch Customers:

There are 1-1/2 to 2 hour delays on Montauk Branch westbound trains because of a LIPA power problem affecting the LIRR's signal system between Patchogue and Speonk.

Customers are also advised that many crossing gates are in the down position, due to local power outages. As a result, Montauk Branch trains are operating at 15 miles per hour.

...On a side note, wow that sucks.

- Andy

It must be a mess. It didn't seem that bad here in Nassau as far as the storms go. The 3:37pm and 5:39pm out of MTK which are chaotic enough without problems on a Sunday must be a mess. They also have wires down at Flying Point Road near the merge in Southampton, gonna be making a mess of traffic as well.

Must've been a cool storm to see, too bad I missed the action (being in Nassau & all).

It must be a mess. It didn't seem that bad here in Nassau as far as the storms go. The 3:37pm and 5:39pm out of MTK which are chaotic enough without problems on a Sunday must be a mess. They also have wires down at Flying Point Road near the merge in Southampton, gonna be making a mess of traffic as well.

Must've been a cool storm to see, too bad I missed the action (being in Nassau & all).

From what i know the storm was bad enough that the FAA issued a ground stop for the entire eastern coast. I got some footage of the system as it passed through my area on its way to NYC area.

- Andy

• 2 weeks later...
MTA Long Island Rail Road

Service Alert

Sunday, July 27, 2008 7:56 PM

Montauk Branch Customers:

There are 1-1/2 to 2 hour delays on Montauk Branch westbound trains because of a LIPA power problem affecting the LIRR's signal system between Patchogue and Speonk.

Customers are also advised that many crossing gates are in the down position, due to local power outages. As a result, Montauk Branch trains are operating at 15 miles per hour.

...On a side note, wow that sucks.

- Andy

what makes that worse what that trains were running fine on the branch line that runs though Yanpank. i heard a wistle from my house.

and i like local, the LIPA substation's here in Mastic and South Shirly was struck by lightning, and didn't return power until Five in the afternoon.

what makes that worse what that trains were running fine on the branch line that runs though Yanpank. i heard a wistle from my house.

and i like local, the LIPA substation's here in Mastic and South Shirly was struck by lightning, and didn't return power until Five in the afternoon.

They run diesel freight along the LIRR row's, may have been one of those.

- Andy

They run diesel freight along the LIRR row's, may have been one of those.

- Andy

yeah, but the sound was coming from the direction of the line that runs though Yanphank, and it didn't sound like the horn of a diesel freight

Archived