Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Jrt123

Conductor vision requirements

Is there a certain line for conductors and engineers ? Do you need to have 20/20 or is there any leeway ? I know the color test is big, which I am good there, but I am about 20/25 in both eyes with correction. Any help is appreciated.

I think there is a little leeway.  I want to say one of my eyes was 20/30 (corrected) at my last periodical exam and I passed

You get put out of service until the condition is corrected.

This is the procedure for Metro North.  I don't know why my title under my avatar changed to Transit Worker.

Edited by Truckie

Any idea if that class is all set, or do they still need to fill it ? I passed the conductor test that was given in the beginning of January, I am also going through the hiring process for two other jobs, and am trying to weigh my options.

I don't know.  There are talks of six classes starting in 2013, March being the second one. 

While it's nice to weigh job options I wouldn't blow one off when there's no guarantee in getting the others.

Have you been called for an interview?

I received notice that I had passed about two weeks ago, and that they were doing the background check. I know it takes a little time. Without going too into detail, I have already gone through a medical for another job, and they said they will give the official offer in about two weeks. I don't want to miss out on a chance at becoming a conductor. I already work for metro north, and I am in a spot with lots of ot, so I'm a little torn on which way to go.