Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Jrt123

Metro north conductor interviews

Is anyone out there in the march 20th metro north conductor class, or recently interviewed for conductor ?

I wish, passed the test in jan., recently called hr and was told I passed the background, waiting for my interview, no chance at the march class. Hope to get a crack at the may class.

I am due up for an interview in a few days, I hope it really goes well. Anyone know the next steps (assuming I pass the interview stage) going forward and/or the conductor class schedule for 2013?

Upon passing the interview process you will be scheduled for a PAT (physical ability test) and medical exam.  Upon passing those you will get a formal offer to start the CTP (conductor training program).

One thing I strongly recommend is memorizing the duties of the conductor as provided to you.  You should have received these numerous times.

Truckie: Ah so it seems like the formal offer is coming close (once again assuming I pass the interview). Yep I have, they were even emailed to me by a member of the MTA BSC, I will start reviewing them until I am solid on all the duties.

Jrt123: I am not a current Metro-North employee.

Any other tips you guys have for me going forward?

One last question Bismarck, then some info. What date did you take the conductor exam ? There will be 4 more classes this year. One in May, one in July, September, and either November or December on the fourth.